Thread: Banged My Little Toe big Time

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Banged My Little Toe big Time

I don't know about others of you, but I have an issue with accident proneness. I used to never bang my toes, etc. before the lupus, but now I am always hurting myself. I know my balance is off somewhat for one thing. Yesterday, I hit my toe big time on a shoe. I had to wrap my foot with an elastic bandage and get off of it for the rest of the day and evening. It was booming all night long.

This morning it is somewhat better, but I hit it pretty hard yesterday and it is swollen and still pretty sore. I sprained it for sure.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your toe. Not sure if it is Lupus related or not, but I am super accident prone too. I like to say my middle name is Grace. I am constantly running into things. I get bruises places I never you could get bruises. I have one on the inside of my arm right where it bends at the elbow...no idea how I did it. My poor left knee if usually the one that takes most of the hits. My rheumy just told me my kneecap doesn't sit where it's supposed to on that side...gee I wonder why... I did have a bike accident a few years ago where I fell and really messed up that knee, so it might still be from that, lol. I think we need to walk around in bubble wrap...it might make the world safer from us.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sometimes i feel like i am in a pinball game.....bouncing from corner to corner. bruises are my new jewelry.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I had a new "moment" last night, lol. I was closing my closet doors really quickly as I had let my rabbit out of her pen and forgot I left them open(she likes to chew my shoes if she can). My doors are in four pieces and open and close like an accordian almost. I closed the closet...with my left had still in between in the doors...sigh. Hurt like nothing else and I have nice matching bruises on either side of my hand now lol.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ouch, ouch, ouch, so sorry kducks...that is one of those mistakes that you never make a second time. so at least you won't ever have to feel it again. (like that is a consolation).
    Phyllis

share a smile today