Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man with Lupus

Thanks

Default Man with Lupus

Hi all,

I am one of the 10 % a man with lupus. They think I have had it for about ten years, it took a total loss of all four limbs to put it togather.

It is mostly back but I have to use a cane.

What am I in for?

thanks.

Bassoo

Thanks

Welcome Bassoo,

I'm a male new to Lupus and just want to welcome you here. Great forum for information.

If you don't mind me asking are you ex- military?

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi Bassoo,

so sorry that you have to be here, but so glad that you found us. it always takes a little slice of my breath when i read the stories from new members....yours is no different.

i can tell you that we have 4 guys (i think) who are active members, and their stories vary but they all have lupus in common. i know they will be honored to walk with you.

And all of us will be with you. you will find out that everyone is the same here, even if you are from Mars and if you or a loved one are ill, you are welcome here. and we will always be here.

in response to your question, what are you in for? first, i suggest that you read the "stickys" at the top of each forum category. there is a wealth of information here.

all i can tell you is that lupus is unpredictable, and affects each person in a different way. there are a lot of common symptoms but each of us is different. Sometimes i can feel fine and for no reason get slapped in the face with a flare. So, second, i suggest that you browse around some of the threads here, and you will see a lot of what we have faced. Feel free to jump into any of the posts, and ask questions or offer your own experiences. we all learn from each other.

getting in with a good dr., and finding a treatment plan that helps you feel better, are both very frustrating phases of this process, but once you get past these, you can settle into a "new" life with lupus.

welcome, hope you enjoy it here.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

welcome to the forum mate.....
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcom Bassoo;
    As Mountaindreamer mentioned, we have several male members here and I'm sure they will all pop in to welcome you.
    You've had a rough time of it with this disease. I've read that when men develop Lupus, their symptoms are usually quite serious. I am glad that you are getting better and I hope that you continue to improve.
    I am especially happy that you decided to join our family . This is a great group and I admire each and every member here!

Once Again....Welcome!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

welcome bassoo! i'm glad you found us! so sorry about what you've been through, and i hope you get better.
    23 year old clinical psychology grad student with lupus (SLE) and nephritis
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Lisinopril, Lipitor, OsCal+D

Thanks

Welcome!
    I am male and have lupus for 12 years and we are lucky 10%.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and welcome and glad you found us, shame under these circumstances, but we are all very friendly and there are many people here with answers and help that you need.Oh and an arcade too.

gentle hugs
    Agel.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Tasha,
    Good luck in school. Thanks for your comments. I am a social worker so people think I know what to do in regard to my mental health.
    So you will see

Thanks
    Bassoo

Thanks

Hello and Welcome Bassoo.....

Just wanted to say Hi and I'm glad you decided to join us. Sorry you've had such a rough time with your Lupus. I hope that things will continue to improve for you as time goes along.

We are more than happy to share our knowledge and compassion...I think you'll find our group very helpful and understanding.

Glad you found us...look forward to hearing more from you.

Fondly,

Lori