Thread: Learning about Lupus to support our loved ones!

Thanks

Thumbs up Learning about Lupus to support our loved ones!

Helly people!

My girlfriend has Lupus and I've registered here to learn about and support her.

I'd like to know from you, relatives and friends, how do you learn about Lupus to support your relatives and friends! =P

And I'd like to know from you, people who have Lupus, what can I learn to support my girlfriend. I mean, what's the most important point to learn?

I've just bought a book called "Conversando sobre Lupus" ['Talking about Lupus' in Portuguese]. This is a book for people who have Lupus and their families. I think it was a good idea.

So... what do you do to learn about? Talking with people, reading, everything, etc?

Thank you!
    Renan Vasconcelos
    20-years-old
    Sao Paulo - Brazil

>> Sorry about any English mistake <<

"Remember, my child: Without innocence the cross is only iron" (Tuomas Holopainen)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You do exactly what you are doing...talk to people like us, read, research, ask questions.

Your girlfriend is very lucky to have you and your willingness to learn as much as you can about Lupus will be a very important part of her ability to manage this disease.

Everyone here is more than willing to help you to help her! I admire you greatly for your devotion!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

It is very nice of you to want to learn more and to show her support. From what I know about Lupus, support is about all we can do. Keep going on line and read forums like these, research as much as you can. IMHO what you learn from Doctors will not be very much. As you research it will open more questions then answers.
    Most of all just listen to your friend. Help her find hope when there seems like none is around.

Thanks

Default Listen

Just listen to what others are saying I have learned more in a few days on this site than I can drag out of my wifes doctor also we have learned from others hard learned lessons and tried to follow others advice experience is the best teacher

Thanks

My grandma is diagnosed with Lupus as I already posted in this forum and for me personally it was a shock. I actually do not know much about this disease and I hope that I will find all the answers to my questions regarding lupus in this forum. Besides this I hope I will get support if I need it but I don't think there's any question about it.

Thanks

Susie, your message is so right on.
    renan,
    Be there for support in many different ways, she will want it, she will need.
    Give her all of your love, she will want it, she will need it.
    Most of all love her with all your heart, she needs it.
    We all need it.
    God bless you.
    sincerely, Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3