Thread: I'm here, update and such

Thanks

Default I'm here, update and such

Hey all, I'm very sorry that I have not been on in a bit, I've been busy with family, work and school. I'm having a rough time and I missed my support here. My hands are hurting so bad I can hardly move them, they are stiff and just laying my hands on my laptop hurts the thumb joint as it has any pressure on it, the entire hand hurts both sides. The rest of my body is tired, achy and feels heavy. I'm already takng the max prescribed dose on my pain meds, rheumy doc doesn't want to start any new treatments until the endocrinologist can look at my low thyroid level so in the meantime, what am I doing - just hurting, taking the pain meds (vicodin) but after 3 hours the pain comes back but I can't take anything else. I'm not supposed to take NSAIDS b/c of the gut irritation (I have an issue with my stomach) and I can't take steroids because I'm a juvenile diabetic and my blood sugars are already out of control, prednisone makes it worse.

Anyway, just updating...I'm still here, just going through a little bit of a rough spot. Above all I'm thankful for my family and friends and pray every day with thanks for being Blessed with my wonderful son and husband. I just vent about the pain once in awhile, I'm not going to let it get me down!
    Amy
    Mommy to a cute little three year old.
    I am a Juvenile Diabetic diagnosed at age 12, Positive ANA, arthritic joint pain, extreme fatigue, cannot take prednisone and am allergic to Plaquenil. Undifferentiated connective tissue disorder, Graves disease and fibromyalgia

Thanks

So sorry to hear of your pain. But glad to see you know where to go to for support. Hang in there.
    46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

Thanks

So sorry that you're having so much pain. I was wondering where you'd gone off to??????

Rest when you can--not easy with a demanding career, school and an active little one--and pop in once in a while to let us know how you're doing. We'll be here when you're feeling better.

Thanks

Hi Cherokee! Sorry you've had some rough times. You just do what you NEED to do to take care of YOU Im happy you have a supportive hubby and son! WOO HOO for that!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi cherokee,

i, too, have missed you. so sorry to hear about your pain. i hope you get a good night's sleep tonight, and that tomorrow brings some relief.
    you join in when you feel better.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi guys and gals, I am so very sorry I've been away again. It's been a strange month. I've been dealing with the pain issues and then various things coming and going. Family, work, school, etc. Just know you guys are in my thoughts! I wanted to come by and keep you updated.

My lab work is still showing a thyroid issue - most likely hyperthyroid. I have a scan scheduled for the next few weeks. I was supposed to see my rheumy today and I forgot the appointment but I will call tomorrow to request a reschedule. Anywhoo, I still have joint pain, sleep problems, hunger!, pain, itching, memory problems, etc. But I hold faith that things will improve and hopefully I can get the proper treatment path soon.

((HUGS)) to you all. Right now I am dealing with a loss of my voice, sore throat and heavy chest blah!
    Amy
    Mommy to a cute little three year old.
    I am a Juvenile Diabetic diagnosed at age 12, Positive ANA, arthritic joint pain, extreme fatigue, cannot take prednisone and am allergic to Plaquenil. Undifferentiated connective tissue disorder, Graves disease and fibromyalgia

Thanks

Hi Cherokee, sorry that you are not feeling up to par. Hopefully you get to feeling better. Good Luck with the Scan!

Thanks

AWWW, HI CHEROKEE!!!! Nice to hear from you again! Sorry things are still a bit rough!!! You sound like me! LOL Shoot, im sure you sound like most of us huh! LOL It is hard with a hubby and kids, i have a set of them myself! LOL I really hope you get to feeling a little less OOKY SOON!!! HUGS TO YOU!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette