Thread: Biopsy?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Biopsy?

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is where I am suppose to ask this question, so sorry in advance if I am in the wrong area. I just saw my family doctor and he recommended a skin biopsy for me tomorrow, he said he thinks it's Vasculitis. This is my first skin biopsy, and I have no clue what I am in for. If anyone else has been through this, your experience would certainly help me know what I am about to do. Speaking of Vasculitis, exactly what does that mean? Thanks for your support.

Cindy

Thanks

Hey Cindy,

Welcome to the forum...nice to meet you...

I had a skin biopsy on my face...the doc cut a small piece of it and then bandaged it up. Sometimes when it is over a larger area, the doc might do more than one. It didn't hurt too much...but it did sting.

Hope all goes well for you...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

I had two biopsies one from my neck and one from my back. It took about 3 weeks for the results to come back in. My dermatologist used what she called a cookie cutter to cut the samples. Didn't hunt at all.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile Thanks

Thanks for your response, I went in this morning and got it done on the top of my hand. It didn't hurt at all.