Thread: Doubled ana

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Doubled ana

rhuemy called to let me know that my ana of 1:640 had doubled within a months time and that he could do a lip biopsy for sjorgens but it probably wouldn't be conclusive. so for now he will just monitor me. I 've got news for him I won't be back. Has any one heard of an ana this high. I have not seen one listed like this. He still says it is not lupus I don't meet the criteria. Red on cheeks (looks like malar to me), positive ana, mouth ulcers, arthritis (he says RA),nosebleeds,swollen ankles,hair falling out,red v on neck,extreme fatigue, recurring illness, dry mouth, just to name a few that I can remember(brain fog). Teri

Thanks

Ok so you have an ana of 1240 and he is not sure it is conclusive enough for some sort of diagnosis? I agree...perhaps you do need a second opinion.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sounds like Lupus to me!!! I am with sick and tired. Go find another doctor!!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Please let me clarify, my ana went from 1:640 to 1:3280, it doubled he said.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I got my blood results today and I was mistaken the titer went from 1:80 to 1:160 and the titer of 1:640 went to 1:1280. Everything else is within normal range on the Lupus panel. What do all of my symptoms mean and where do I go from here?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

good morning teri,

it is my understanding that 1:1280 is a strong positive. i am not the expert on these lab tests, but this is the way it was explained to me. also, is your reading homogeneous or speckled?
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks for your reply phyllis, it was speckled.