Thread: full of pain and frustration

Thanks

Default full of pain and frustration

Hi Everyone
    Tonight is not a very good night for me. Both my knees and elbow joint are in tremdeous pain tonight.Cant get an appointment to see my dr. until June 1st my pain medication doesn't seem to be working.

I am in total depression and frustrated with being ill. I just would like to go back to the days when I didn't had pain in my body and was not so exhauted but those day are gone, it was nice just to dream for a few minutes. thanks for letting me express some of my frustration tonight. I love being apart of this family
    JACKIE JACOBS

Thanks

Default full of pain and frustration

Hi Jackie,

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a bad night. I'm not having a good one either, although it's my wrists and back that are angry tonight. I'm in a similar situation and can only take percocet as I managed to develop an allergy to NSAIDs with my recent onset of the disease. The percocet doesn't do a lot, and it's been tempting to "over do it" but I've resisted. I was diagnosed officially this week and have been amazed at how hard it was over the last 2-3 weeks to get doctor's appointments when they know you are suffering damage to your body, damage psychologically and insufferable pain every day you wait to see the doctor. It's unreal. I'm currently waiting to find out if I also have vasculitis and the soonest I could get in for my test results was June 2! And I could be losing blood vessels in the meantime!

Anyway, when I was waiting to finally get in to rheumatology last week, they kept putting me off ("Yes, we know it's urgent but we're booked until July. We'll have to fit you in when someone cancels" - which isn't helpful when you can't drive and you need a ride to the doctor and you live 20 miles from the hostpital!). At the suggestion of my husband's boss, I called the patient advocate for my health plan/hospital network. I think that explaining my situation to her along with my tears and absolute frustration helped me get in a little sooner. Perhaps it is an option that you did not know you had. I hope it is an option for you too.

Try to hang in there and I will do the same.

Best,

Laurel