Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been working on finding a doctor and i have succeded

Thanks

Well put Aluwa! A little old man in a waiting room sitting next to me one time said "its a damn revolving door around here, how can they truely CARE for you when its like this?" I said "thats why they CANT!" They're all a bunch of clowns worried about lineing their pockets and keeping the drug companies happy so they dont rock that boat of fortune
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks for the laugh ROB. hey, maybe the good drs. could have web appointments.

Oluwa, it totally surprises me that you have not found a successful team member from the medical field. It seems to me that you would be the ideal patient, because you are so educated about your illness....you make their jobs easy.

wonder if, as a group, we could somehow get our stories to the various medical schools....surely they would change......yeah right...

makes my soul heavy to hear about your mistreatment.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Good for you that Rheumatologist...that must be a weight off your mind...sometimes I think those of us who have found the good ones should have them cloned of something...I am happy for you to be back, too and be able to find a treatment for your symptoms.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

I think I make their job too hard...causing them to work for a living and they dislike it....lol...

Loves,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i think they must take a course in med school titled "the ego....how to nourish it at the expense of our patients."
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey,

There's a poisonous snake, and a rheumotologist both run over in the middle of the road dead. What's the difference between the two?

The snake had skidmarks leading up to it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ooooooooo Rob, that's a good one.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I wasnt on yesterday so im late replying but OMG you guys are frigin FUNNY!!! I dont feel well so i needed that laugh Rob and Phyllis!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

thank u all for all tha thougts and yes i am so happy to finally be going to see someone that can possibly help me. and the things that o told me was helpful some confusing but het i can;t learn everything in one day lol. keep praying for me and i will keep u all up date... hope everyone is feeling well
    28 yrs old Tired of Useless non understaning doctors........ at this moment diagonse unknown

Thanks

Hi Parisse...

You're welcome....let me know what you would like me to elaborate on regarding the tests....

In summary, your test seem to indicate towards an Autoimmune disease, though just tests are not indicative of particular disease...other things, such as symptoms assist in that diagnose.

Your test may point towards SLE and/or Sjogrens....

Also, your electrolytes seem off... which could be from something as simple as eating too much bananas, from a NSAID ( an anti-inflammatory drug), steroids, diarhea to an infection or start of kidney involvement...

Lab tests have ranges...to determine if the results are negative, equivocal (undetermined, not sure, maybe, maybe not) or positive. Only the lab being used know what their results mean as not all labs use the same range.

Example...we talk about ANA in single digits or ratios. Or the anti (ds) DNA. Some of us the results being 75, as I read recently in someones posts was considered high and positive by their lab. My lab's range says it isn't. Only over 99 is positive.

Does the result sheet you have, post the ranges to the right of the results?

And sometimes too, they may read positive one testing and the next reads normal..there is a +/- error range. If you have any question regarding your results and feel they warrant action, ask to be retested again immediately to see if it is the same...

Does your results change from test to test in your copies you have? Mine do. I believe the tests do not tell the story how we feel....times I am flaring something awful and my test say naw, nothing there. So, for me they are not a good indicator of the activity of my disease. I do feel they are a good indicator of organ involvement, progression.

Ask your doctor why he felt it wasn't significant enough to tell you about these results. If they feel they do not warrant action, they don't tell us about any positive tests. Why? Only they can answer that. That has happened to me many times...in fact, my last test which points to an UTI or the start of kidney involvement or maybe because at my lab they don't do a clean catch.

I decided to leave it and wait for next month test, see the difference and ask my doctor about the last results...

In the future...when you have a test done, and they do not call you back in 2 weeks, call them and ask a copy be sent and to also go over all test with you while on the phone. Or even make an appointment to discuss them...

If they do call with the results, ask if any other tests are positive and also to send you a copy....

Do post if you have any more questions...confused. We want to support you, when you feel your doctors aren't...so ask away....okay...

In my prayers you are..hugs. Enjoy the up coming weekend...
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.