Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CellCept

Thanks

Default CellCept

I'm going for test next week to determine if I can stop cyxton. In addition to Lupus I have Scleroderma. My lung doctor wants me to use CellCept while my rhuemy feels there is not enough research on CellCept and it is only used as a last resort. Does anyone know about the Drug CellCept? How effective is it? I can finally walk and breath without my oxygen dropping I would hate to have to go back on oxygen 24-7.
    lil_magic99
    lil_magic99
    "Remember God never gives you more than you can bare"

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi;
    Cellcept is also a drug that we have discussed previously on this site. If you like, read some of those posts and see if they help you. If not, let me know and I will get information of the drug for you!!
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi there. I just wanted to tell you that I did Cellcept before the Cytoxan, and although it will break your piggy bank, I found the medication to be rather harmless. I am a small person, and took the max. 1,000 mg. twice daily. I took it for three years, then had a nasty flair, that required me to go on cytoxan therapy. The docs were pleased, they said although my kidneys were more inflamed, I have very little scar tissue, and they attribute that to the use of Cellcept. I'm sure you do as well, but It was used with small dose prednisone. Just out of curiosity, how did you respond to Cytoxan ? I did not, and now am trying something I have never heard of. Good luck to ya!
    Angie
    angie

Thanks

Hi - I am also a small person and was on the max dose of 100mg 2 x a day of Cellcept for over a year, and now reduced to 500 mg 2x a day. I think Cellcept is great because I was able to avoid Cytoxan with some pretty severe kidney problems because of it. I have not had any real big side effects that I can identify.

Good luck!

Missy

Thanks

I take cell cept right now, 2000 mg a day,and have been for over year now, in addition t plaquinil and lymphostatb (mab drug for lupus in trial stage).it does help with my kidneys when I do flare, hardley any involvement at all. I was taking Immuran before that, but it ruined my pancrease(sp), so Cell Cept was the alternative to it.no side effects from Cell Cept as of yet. from what my rhuemy says, i could go up in dosage, although I have read that 2000 was the max.keep us posted on how you do with it!!

Thanks

On the news the other night, the headline was "First New Advancement in the Treatment of Lupus in 30 Years!" I was extremely excited. It was CellCept for kidney involvement. I thought that's not new, you guys have been talking about it forever.

Thanks

Wait a minute...
    What do you mean you're on the "max" !,000mg twice daily???
    I'm on 1,000mg three times a day...
    Should I be worried?
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Default cellcept? how long?

i'm on 3000 mg a day, for 3 months now. I have discoid lupus. and my lupus wasn't cared for much. i wasn't able to find doctors that could help, although they tried their best. also, doc put me on cellcept because my lupus is still active, and complement level is still low. Has anyone came across that situation. Anyone with any information on that, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Thanks

I began taking CellCept in 2002. I have had no kidney involvement, but agreed to try CellCept as a pilot program through Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. I have noticed a marked improvement while on CellCept. I have a low tolerance to some medications and have been taking 2 500 mg tabs of CellCept twice daily for 4 years now. I began taking one pill a day for a week, then it was increased to one in the morning and one at night the 2nd week. 3rd week I took two in morning and one at night and by the fourth week I was taking two twice daily. I did have feelings of nausea from taking it but the aches and lupus symptoms were much less. I am also taking 200 mg of plaquenil once daily, Relefan 75 mg as needed up to two times daily, Ultram 50 mg at bedtime.

Not Sure if this helps or not, but I think the CellCept has done wonders for me.

Kissofsunshyne

Thanks

I have been on CellCept for a year a half now and so far it has kept me off Cytoxan. I haven't really had much in the way of side effects. They have suspected it in several things that eventually were proven caused by other things. The only real thing I have had is a really nasty case of Shingles after they doubled my dose to 1000mg/twice a day. If you haven't had the pleasure, let me just tell you Shingles is quite possibly the worst thing ever.