Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has anyone had ear issues?

Thanks

My mom had Temporal Arteritis back in the late 70's...and they gave her prednisone which I don't know if that is the norm now.....she gained like 100lbs while on it.

I have headaches and feels like it is in my ear and in the jaw also....I thought it was my ear.

I didn't know that this was one of the Lupus things. When I get back to a doc I will mention it.

I'm glad I saw this thread.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Mortified,

My Lupus is like this little army of nomads that just keeps moving around and attacking things. Some days, it's almost like I can feel the inflammation moving around, it's weird, but that's Lupus.

Phyllis, scotch works for me too! Glenfiddich Single Malt is my poison.

Rob

Thanks

LOL Phyllis! Scotch!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Mortified,

My ears are very sensitive to outside influences, such as loud music, the wind, and shouting. They used to not be so sensitive before the lupus.

Thanks

Same with me Drinkowatr! I am so jumpy at someone just crumpling a piece of paper! OUCH! My senses are VERY Hightened these days
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sick n tired View Post
    The last one is Temperal Arteritis, also called Giant Cell Arteritis...which I am going to be biopsied for even though I am just 47 nd not the main age of 72
    Karen-

When are you scheduled for your biopsy?

Lana

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I forgot to add that my ENT also told me that some of the meds that are frequently taken by lupus patients also can make your ears sensitive. I know that long term use of pain meds was definately on his list. I do not remember all the others he mentioned but I can certainly call and ask him to explain it to me again!!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi froggal,

that is really interesting...i have not heard that before, but makes sense. yes, if you don't mind, i would like for you to get additional information on sensitive ears and pain meds....sometimes my ears are so sensitive, i can hardly stand normal noises.
    Phyllis

share a smile today