Thread: My Life is Influx Again

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angry My Life is Influx Again

Well Thursday evening my boyfriend came home from work and told me he got laid off from his job. I believe it was in retaliation for informing his boss that his hand was falling asleep and he was letting his boss know that he wanted to report this as a worker's compensation injury (carpal tunnel syndrome?) He had told his boss about this problem some days before, but he just ignored it. Fortunately, he has a lawyer who he contacted about this matter a week or two before the layoff.

I hope he will be eligible for unemployment and that he will also be able to get treatment for his hand under worker's compensation. So many employers out there are so crooked and they know how to bypass the labor laws, etc. They make it so hard for the employee to get the benefits they deserve. I am hoping he won't get screwed out of what he deserves benefit wise.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi drinkofwtr,

oh how worried you must be. so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's job and especially his hand. since he contacted a lawyer weeks prior to being laid off, hopefully he will be entitled to more than just workman's comp....the lawyer should be able to help him.

hang in there, hopefully things will start getting better.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hey Drink,
    What a creep of a boss your boyfriend had...I agree...since he went to the lawyer ahead of time, he should get some compensation...my fingers are crossed....I have a friend when who had this happen to him....and he went to a lawyer who specialized in specifically in discrimination of this kind and he got workman's comp...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. The sad fact is, an awful lot of employers don't care about the health and well being of their employees. It's all about the money, and the money only. For people like your boyfriends former boss, employees are expendable. I hope you Lawyer can help with this situation.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 04-05-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for your informative and kind replies. Well tomorrow he goes to see a Dr. about his hand. I know he has a good lawyer for we both have used him before for prior legal issues. Also, today I submitted his unemployment claim. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks

GOOD LUCK Drinkowatr! Sorry theres one more thing added to your plate! GO Get Em!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette