Thread: Prayer for Lexie and Triana

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Prayer for Lexie and Triana

My Granddaughter Lexie turned 1 March 28th. She had her 12 month doctor's appt. April 3, (her mother, Triana's birthday)

Alexis has not gained weight in a month and the doctor said her head was large...apparently very large as she is in the 99th percentile for the size of the head, but the 1% for weight and 15% for height.

She is to go to have an ultrasound of her brain next week to rule out water on the brain and she is going to have a huge amount of blood work drawn. For everything autoimmune. Doc thinks it could be celiacs(reason for weight not head)

I have been online and have come to realize that a big head coupled with other problems could be pointing to Autism...Lexie is very alert, looks us in the eye, mimics behavior is almost walking, so she is right on the money cognitively for her age...She is bright and cheerful...but I have read that in some forms of autism the child is totally on track and the the lights go off. Please pray that her lights don't go off...(we could find out as early as 6 months from now ) and if it is innevetable then she has a very mild case of it Asbergers...

Now for Triana...for most of her life if anything traumatic happened to the family or her, it happened on or right before her birthday...my husband lost his job and we couldn't have a party (8 years old)...she had strep, (10 yrs. old) or was ill and the list goes on for April 3 or around it.,

Her brother died(12 years old)...this happened where his actual birthdate is the day before, but he died the day after so she has been sandwiched into a family tragedy for years (to date this was the most tramatic event until last Friday.)...
    Now we can add the problems with her baby and guaranteed if there is something desparately wrong that will replace Christophers Death by a longshot.
    This saturday we are having a Wedding ceremony for she and her husband...Triana didn't get the wedding and asked for one( we are calling it a Re Committment) Please pray for Triana...I am usually not superstitious, but this time of year is Crap for us....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

OMG sickntired,

you are a lady of great strength, and you have endured an incredible amount of loss in your life. My prayers are definitely with Lexie and Triana. they are with you too, i can't imagine the pain that you must be in. please try not to worry (easy for me to say, right?) The medical world has come so far, and they accomplish things that just amaze me. we will use positive attraction by focusing on the drs. finding the problem and fixing that precious little girl.

Triana must want to bury her head in the sand when her birthday is approaching....well, her upcoming wedding is close to her day, and hopefully this will be a strong positive that overshadows all of the tragedies of the past.

i send you many angels to guide you through this time. hope they can help.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hey Phyllis,

Thank you for your reply...I don't think I am all that strong, though, but Triana might be the stronger of the two of us...I feel very weak.but the Bible does say in our weakness He makes us strong

I, too, am hoping that for just a little while Triana can put the feeling of doom or waiting for the other shoe to drop away to have a nice wedding and trip. ...and I am beginning to get the same way, in the spring around the first of April, I just want all of us to stay home and do nothing because it is hard not to wonder what the next trauma will be.

Anyway...thanks Phyllis...you made me feel better...Oh thanks for the Angels that you sent to us.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

I am so very sorry that you're facing yet another horrible sequence of events in April. My son's childhood friend lost his two year old son last April 4th after drowning in his grandmother's koi pond. We remembered him on Saturday and it was heart wrenching.

I have a friend who's stepson has Asperger's. Some children with Asperger's/Autism are highly functioning, while others have a more difficult time of it. I am so very sorry that you're facing this challenge.

You and I both know, as mothers of hearing impaired children, that your lovely daughter will have a period of mourning for any condition that may be discovered. I remember getting Craig's diagnosis while at work. I took the day off and cried my eyes out. The next day I was making calls, trying to find appropriate programs to help educate me and my son about deafness and communicating in a hearing world.

Your daughter and granddaughter are very fortunate to have you available as another advocate for Lexie, but please make sure that don't compromise your own health. You've been through the wringer since being diagnosed with SLE.

My heart is aching for you and your family as you face the unknown. Please let us know how Lexie (and Triana) are doing. My prayers are with your family as you face yet another challenge.
    Last edited by BonusMom; 04-06-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks

I am so SORRY Sickntired! You made me sad for you and your family when i read your post. Life is constantly throwing us those damn curve balls! You ARE a STRONG person though, because each day, no matter how HARD, you MAKT IT THROUGH. I really hope some good comes your way ASAP because you seem like a beautiful person.
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Hi Sickntired....

Just wanted to remind you that you and your family are being prayed for by me, especially Lexie and Triana (2 beautiful names).

I'm praying that life will take it easy on you, and all of your family, at this time in particular....you guys have had way more than your share of misery and sadness. I'm praying for some good news for a change...and for a happy wedding day for your daughter.

I sent a special prayer up to God to ease your heartache and dry your tears for your precious son. I'm sorry you no longer have him with you on this earth. I'm picturing you in Heaven, holding him on your lap and you're both laughing with joy.

Fondly,

Lori

Thanks

Oh Lori...I've had that dream for 12 years now...

Bonusmom, I read with horror what happened to your son's friend's son...I feel so bad for that family and the grandmother...I am paranoid about swimming pools with little children.
    As for Asbergers...I am hoping if she does end up with autism that it is the milder form...but the prayer is that is isn't..

Thank you Lucky...you are so sweet

Well Triana texted me to tell me that the bloodwork will be taken tomorrow and the sonogram will be Thursday...

Thankyou all for caring,
    Karen

Thanks

sickntired,

You, Triana, and Lexie are going to be in my prayers. What comes to my mind to share with you is the Serenity Prayer, which I am sure you have said many times over but it has also helped me during times like what you and your family are experiencing.

What also comes to mind is that casting things out and speaking others into existence. That's not to say we don't value or trust the dr's say but rather we know who the ultimate doctor is and HIS WILL, will be done. With that being said try to take some comfort in that and feel the strength from all of the prayers that we are praying for you.