Thread: Common Questions from New Members

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Common Questions from New Members

I receive emails from time to time with similiar questions, so I'll start posting those questions and answers here. This is for questions about forums, software and navigating our community features. For Lupus related questions please see our main forum.

If you are a new member and have a question about how the forum functions work, please post here so we can add it to our questions. Thanks!

What is a blog? A blog is like an online notebook to post your thoughts. You can treat it like a diary, or a place to post recipes, schematics, your favorite poetry, jokes. You can also add photos and attachments. Every member has their own blog. See the "Blogs" link on the top navigation bar.

What is the difference between a thread and a post? A thread is a collection of posts. When someone makes a post on a new subject in a forum, then a thread has started on that subject. Other members add their own posts to that thread. In general, the individual posts are on the same general subject. Think of our forum as a fabric, and each "thread" is what makes the fabric or content of our forum. This thread you are reading is about "Common Questions from New Members".

What is an Avatar? An avatar is the picture/image/photo associated with your account. It's part of your online identity. You can upload an Avatar in your control panel. See the "User CP" link on the top left of the navigation bar.

How do I change my statistics? Statistics on your account are generated by your activity on our forum. They change automatically according to your actions. Individual elements like password, Avatar, blogs posts, etc. can be changed or added in your control panel. See the "User CP" link on the top left of the navigation bar.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

aurora_butterfly68 (07-19-2013), colorsue (10-31-2013), devilducky (09-14-2013), Juliette (11-10-2014), kkkkrin (03-11-2014), LindaJ (09-05-2012)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank You, Conrad!
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default private messaging

could you please list the basic operational guidelines for private messaging. for example, when we respond to a pm, do we delete the originators message, or scroll down to the bottom and add ours?

sometimes, i have trouble when i want to send a new pm while i am in the window that allows me to read my messages. the only way i know how to send a pm from this window, is to completly back out with arrow button till i get to main menu for pms, and then i can find the link on the left side.....i know this makes no sense....if you will just put a few instructions down, i am sure they will help, as you can see, i no nothing.

thanks for your contributions...i love the forum.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Your message will usually go on top of the originator's message. However, I usually delete the originator's message after or before I respond to a pm.
    I also will print the originators message so that I can respond to everything they've said and not have to back up to the message.
    Also, you can click on the originator's name (it is always in blue, meaning it is a hyperlink) and it will give you a drop down list with options. One of the options is to send a private message to that person. You can click on a member's name anywhere in the forum and it will either take you to their page or give you a drop down menu!

I hope that this is helpful! Perhaps someone will be along with even more information for you!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Conrad..

My Private Message folder is almost full and I was wondering if there's a fast way to delete more than one message at a time?

I've been having to open each Private Message and scroll down and check the 'delete' box and then click 'delete this message', over and over again.

I tried checking all the little boxes on the right side of the screen and then hitting the delete button on my keyboard, but that didn't work.

Just wondering if there's another option....

Thanks,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks saysusie,

yes, you answered my question, and i appreciate it. I knew i was missing something, and it is the drop down screen on the left side....

everyday, i am thankful for you and this group.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjorgren's last year after several years of weird symptoms (burning eyes, dry mouth, overwhelming fatigue, joint and bone aches, well, you know the list). Although I was glad to finally have a diagnosis, I am still struggling to deal with these symptoms. The Plaquenil is off the table because of the horrible dreams, talking in my sleep, and hallucinations. I read where one person wrote that going to bed was like an adventure, not knowing what she'll experience that night - fright or wonder. When do I get a handle on this Lupus and Sjorgren's?

Thanks

i was diagnosed last year was put on plaquenil the weight started coming on with dizzy spells and eye problems anyone else with this problem

Thanks

Urm i made a intro thread O_o? and it didnt come up so i redid a new one and it still didnt come up, can you tell me why please O_O i am so confused?