Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomorrow is my birthday and...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Happy Birthday Amanda and i hope that you will enjoy whatever he does for you. I am sort of a newbie and enjoy the commonradery of this siteBonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just communicate with him and let him know that you may not be able to handle all of the things he has planned for you due to your lupus. Tell him not to be disappointed if you can't do it all and tell him that you really appreciate his thoughtfulness and the fact that he went to all this trouble for you. This way he has a forewarning and a chance to think about what you are telling him. Then go ahead and do what you can and don't feel guilty if you can't do it all. Remember it's not your fault that you can't be and do everything for everybody.

I have grappled with this problem for the last 5 years or so. Not only am I getting older and running out of steam, but I have lupus, fibromyalgia, the yeast connection, high blood pressure, many slips and falls in the past, and other health concerns. I think it's remarkable what we can do with this illness.

There are so many people here that are so brave, courageous, selfless, and optimistic on this website that I am in awe.

Thanks

Hey guys, thanks to all of you for the advice. It helped a lot. Also thanks for the birthday wishes. While we were traveling, I spoke with Bryant about taking things kinda easy, and he made sure to break things up instead of cramming them all in on Friday. We ended up have a weekend-long birthday celebration, which worked out a lot better. it was a lot of fun, and though I am tired now, I got to enjoy everything he had planned.

Thanks

AWW, im so glad your weekend went good and you took the opportunity to talk to him during the car ride! Thats all we need to do with the people we care about and who care about us, be open and honest! Im really happy for you!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

welcome back adl011

so glad that you guys had that conversation and that it was obviously successful. you must have felt like the special princess all weekend....so happy for that.

happy birthday again. Rest and dream of the great birthday weekend that you had.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Oh how nice Amanda...I was hoping that it would be a nice weekend for you....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost