Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Lupus cause depression?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks jeannette and tasha,
    i think i will have a sign made and hang on my wall...."the way you think influences the way you feel which influences the way you act so start thinking positively."

nice job.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

It's nice to hear your very good attitude about giving it a try Phyllis! GO PHYLLIS!!!! You'll find that its something you have to think about daily because it is work, but you'll feel better for it. Like i said though, some days are going to be tougher than others but thats why i have the book highlighted and posted! By the way, i DO have little sayings and phrases posted to my mirrors and bulliten board here at home because sometimes i need it IN-MY-FACE to remind myself!Im glad you're being taught that way of thinking Tasha,i know Dr. Ellis wanted to have it that way everywhere and he went for years with just a few listening. Good for you!!!!! You're going to do well!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

good morning jeannette,

i have always believed in the power of positive thinking. my brain fog will not allow me to recall the two word phrase that is used to reinforce positive thinking. whatever our thougts are, is what we will attract. for example, if we think about the bad things that might come on a particular day, then we are attracting these bad things. if we think of the good things that might come around that day, then we attract the good. there is a two word phrase for this, but i can not remember....have been trying the remember since tasha introduced the power of thought in this thread....oh i wish i could remember.

you are right, it takes a constant reminder to use positive thoughts....think about what we want, not what we don't want.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi Phyllis!!! HMMMMMM, im not quite sure what that two word phrase is,unless i do know and im just not pulling it out of the old nogin,that happens all the time these days! Im so happy to hear you feel the same way about irrational thinking, alot of people dont realize how much it can change their lives. It just makes sense when you think about how your irrational thinking is going to lead to irrational behavior. You summed it up quite nicely,we have the power to CHOOSE whether to disturb or not to upset ourselves about undesirable happenings. Hope your day is going well! Its rainy here in Ohio so im telling myself it's not that bad because now i can "veg out" with that cozy feeling you have when the weathers icky! WOO HOO to the power of rational thinking!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i constantly catch myself thinking irrationally and then i say to myself STOP BEING IRRATIONAL! statements that involve words like "always" and "never" such as "this disease always makes me feel bad!" and "i'm never going to get better!" are COMPLETELY 100% irrational! it is an EXTREMELY rare occurrance that something ALWAYS happens or NEVER happens, haha. life is too unpredictable for statements like that to have any truth to them.
    23 year old clinical psychology grad student with lupus (SLE) and nephritis
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Lisinopril, Lipitor, OsCal+D

Thanks

I am more like Rob...the lupus and possibly of other illnesses...diagnostic proceedures...worry about the unknown as far as doctors checking or other illnesses...do cause me to become depresses...and there are times when the illness(lupus) and depression feed off one another...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost