Thread: Tomorrow is Doctor visit day.

Thanks

Default Tomorrow is Doctor visit day.

Lisa and I will leave here at 3 am and head to S.A and the VA for my 3 appointments. Lab is first then to the dermatologist and then the rhuematoligist, the one I can't spell.

Since the VA puts everything on computers I think its time for them to give me a copy of all findings. It's my life and my health. All they have to do is hit the print button. The VA doesn't have a national system that our records can be accessed from any hospital so I need them in case Lisa and I go up to visit our son and I have a bad flair.

I'll let everyone know how things turn out if and when I get back home. Lisa plans on doing some shopping in S.A. and I might not survive that.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Good luck David on your appointments and yes thats a good idea to get copies. Oh and hope Lisa's shopping spree is an enjoyable event and you do survive it!

Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

I'm hoping you'll have a successful visit at the VA tomorrow.

Following every appointment I hand a list to the receptionist with the contact information of all of the other doctor's that I am seeing and with a request for the reports to be sent to them as well as myself. This helps confirm what I remember the provider telling me and something I can refer back to. Usually, there's not a lot of fuss, but the cardiologist's office told me that I could ask for a copy from the referring doctor. No dice. I specifically state in my paperwork/HIPAA notice that I am to be CC:ed on everything, list my contact info and sign it. That way there's no issue. I am paying for their services and am entitled to copies as the reports/notes are produced. With it handwritten on the HIPAA notice and the typed list, there isn't any confusion.

Just my two cents.

Happy shopping to Lisa. Stay out of those stores with the icky lighting and maybe you'll hold up a little longer
    Last edited by BonusMom; 04-01-2009 at 05:09 PM.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Good luck tomorrow David. Let us know what you find out. Enjoy San Antonio.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

good luck david.....hope the va experience is a good one this time. just know we are behind you gently nudging you on.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Smile

Sending my positive thoughts for a good outcome at your doctor visits tomorrow. Hope everything goes well.

You and Lisa have a safe trip...and tell Lisa to have fun shopping. Remember, those hospital trips can be energy-draining...don't overdo it afterwards.

Hugs,

Lori

Thanks

Hi David! Ihope all the appts went ok! Yeah, i think it's a GREAT idea to have all findings printed out right now. Stay on top of that, im currently in the middle of a BIG mess about that very thing (and many other things) right now,so i would follow through.
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette