Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christian? or hypocrite

Thanks

Exclamation Christian? or hypocrite

Hi, Just wanted to vent! I have been a Christian as long as I can remember, but I have a complaint! One of my own sisters who says she is also a christian thinks that I am going thru all of this Lupus and Brain Lesions and everything else because I must not be faithful or I must be getting punished for sin! I am sorry for her because my God does not punish u he loves u and whats even more sad she was diagnosed with ms 6 years ago but says she doesnt claim it so she doesnt get treatment for it. I havent heard from her in months, but was told this by my neice who also has Lupus! I always thought u love as Jesus does and do as he would, but I guess sometimes suposed Christians even ur own sister can be mean! Thanks for listening God bless u all and I pray we all are cured soon! Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

Hi Kathy...

If that was the case wouldn't murderers, thieves have cancer and etc and newborns would be disease free....

God, our Heavenly Father will make judgments at the end of time...and His judgment will be of a spiritual nature and not a physical...

Worry not what your sister thinks, apparently she gathers her beliefs from the OT and doesn't fully understand the NT, Jesus Christ.

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Thanks Oluwa! I really appreciate it! Sometimes suposed christian are more hateful then anyone else! go figure! Hugs
    Last edited by KATROACH1972; 04-01-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think that they are so convinced of their own beliefs, that they leave no room for the validity of any one else's beliefs. I don't know if they are so much "Mean" as they are of a "closed mind"! As such, they can say some very hurtful, unforgiving things!
    I agree, totally, with Oluwa about punishment. If you look at it in those terms, then their beliefs do appear to have limited plausibility!
    We live in an imperfect world, our environment is degrading, and our well being is on a precipice (at best). As such, we fall victim to nature, the environment and the fallibility of our fragile bodies. However, it is our soul that is precious and that is loved! If our bodies are weakened or diseases, this is not a punishment from God...at least not the God that I love and who loves me!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Red face agree totally

All I can say is AMEN! HUGS
    Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    I think that they are so convinced of their own beliefs, that they leave no room for the validity of any one else's beliefs. I don't know if they are so much "Mean" as they are of a "closed mind"! As such, they can say some very hurtful, unforgiving things!
    I agree, totally, with Oluwa about punishment. If you look at it in those terms, then their beliefs do appear to have limited plausibility!
    We live in an imperfect world, our environment is degrading, and our well being is on a precipice (at best). As such, we fall victim to nature, the environment and the fallibility of our fragile bodies. However, it is our soul that is precious and that is loved! If our bodies are weakened or diseases, this is not a punishment from God...at least not the God that I love and who loves me!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

Thanks

Look nobody knows what God wants. It is not anybody's fault for wither MS or Lupus. Stay positive, take your meds and live. My wife has had it now for 16 years.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am itlian catholic, my aunt who is 94 years old tells me since i haven't been practiceing religion in a very long time. that this is our hell and we are being tested by god on what we do with it. so if we do the best we can to live by gods words we will have a place next to him. he is not punishing anyone. i do belive that much and in fate the rest i will know when i pass. i live the best that i can and treat others with respect and follow the ten com. so the rest of this life is a test and we just move on she also said god doesn't give us anything he think we handle. so keep up whatever your faith is.

Thanks

Thanks friends! I agree 100% Hugs

Thanks

When we hear things we know aren't true about us or that doesn't coincide with our beliefs, morals and faith... ignore their words and/or disassociate yourself from them....

Lupus loves stress. It feeds off of it to make it grow...I've always said..Lupus is it's own entity and we can do or avoid things affecting its survival, by lessening it's symptoms. Destressing our lives is one of them.

Keep IT small and starving...

Be well...hugs and love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

True Oluwa! Very true! Now my older brother is texting me scriptures about sickness and turning back to God! Silly thing is they don't know how my spiritual life is! lol Owell Thanks for your reply! hugs Kathy