Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lupus and full time job?

Thanks

Default Lupus and full time job?

Lets see what is the reponse, that how many still can do full time job while having lupus?
    Last edited by ssingh; 04-01-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I still work full time, my boss knows i have lupus and is understanding when i am off. she even when not busy lets me lay my head on desk and take a nap. i am and admin. asst. for a concrete company and i also dispatch the concrete pump trucks. i am exhasusted when i get home and son understands that and on sunday is jami day no matter what.

Thanks

I still work full time but have recently looked at disability retirement and SSDI, just to know what my options are.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

my office is actually in my home, so i am still full-time employed. however, i travel a lot, and am unable to keep schedule that i used to. i probably work approximately 2 or 3 days a week. thankfully, i am able to be productive enough that i keep my salary.

i too, though, am looking at disability options.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I am on disability for years, I like to do something from home for some extra income. What you all recomend?

Thanks

I work full time as a maintenance manager in a steel mill. I am on FMLA which is a blessing. I am trying to get thru the next two years to get some of my deby down so I can try to get disability. I am a 43 yr old male and hate the idea of my wife having to provide for the family. I still have two girls 12 and 15 and a step son 20 (in college), and a mother in law with us.
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Thanks

I did my lupus experience backwards. I got sick at 17, put on disability at 19, went to school full time a few years after and started working full time 3 years ago at the age of 29. I know there is no way I could have held down a full time job when I was really sick. I was lucky enought to have doctors willing to fight for me to be on disability in order to get to this point where I can work.

Thanks

i was just diagnosed last month although i started having symptoms 6 months ago.. i work full time, and so far (knock on wood) have not missed a day of work due to illness yet.. although i've had to take a few vacation days for doctor visits...there have been a few days where i didn't know if i would make it thru the day or not, but i did...

i'm an engineer and project manager for a large oil company.. supporting international construction projects..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mortifiedat52

so glad to see you back here. hope you are having a good day.

my oldest daughter is an engineer specializing in wast-water treatment, and she is a project leader responsible for going into areas where the company is bidding on huge muncipality contracts, and helps the group complete the bidding competition. is this similar to what you do? sorry for my terminology, i don't know the official names of what she does.

hooray for you, you are doing an excellent job of managing your illness. finding out what works for you is a difficult time, but the benefits will be well worth your persistence.

hang around, and join in our threads whenever you have the time.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Here is the thing that I am afraid if I even try to go back to work then I get sick which i do after little over do or stress. then it is so hard to fight with SSA to be on disability and medicare I am 39.