Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My X-Dr. DID "clean out" my records!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Jeanette,

I forgot to mention that it's not necessarily your word against hers. Before my father retired, one of his specialties was forensic document analysis and he was also a handwriting comparison expert. You would be surprised what is hidden in plain sight in records and documents that have been altered or "cleansed". This person may think that she's altered your records cleanly, and without any trace of modification, but she probably left behind all sorts of mistakes. I think you have a pretty strong case, and I'd be willing to bet that with the right legal representation, you could win this.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Jeanette,

I feel so bad for you and to think that this terrible Dr. was "your" Dr. for such a long time. I would consider finding a good lawyer that may be able to get retribution for you.

The good thing is now you have a new Dr. who seems to really care about you and your health. Again, I really feel for you for I know what it is like to have had a terrible Dr.

I had one once who accused me of using a coathanger to abort my baby! I would never
    have done anything like that. First of all, I wasn't raised that way, and that would never have entered my mind. Later, it was found I had a bicornuate uterus. It was kind of like a congential built in IUD which I had had since birth. It caused me to loose my babies
    spontaneously.

Thanks

You're all too kind..I just got the Google skill....

Hugs and loves..Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

I am sorry! but I know exactly the heck ur went thru! Keep perservering my friend! hugs kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

Thanks Rob! And Drinkofwatr i am so sorry for the terriable thing you went through! What an awful thing for a dr to say!

By the way Rob and/or anyone else listening, i went to her for 13yrs and not to get any but the last 3 is making me evevn that much angrier. How do i go about getting the rest? I honestly want to go over there and confront he rbut i dont know what they will say and/or do. My husband is stil so furious he cant talk about it yet because he wants to go take a bat to her when he thinks about it. SO FRUSTRATING! I have REALLT important things from 10 yrs ago that arent in my posetion, how dare SHE pick and choose what to give me and to top it all off by saying im just depressed,high anxiety and stressed. UGH!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Jeannette...

In Ohio the law reads....
    There is no set rule in Ohio for how long medical doctors or hospitals have to keep their medical records. However, state law may require other health care providers to keep your medical record for a certain period of time. For example, chiropractors in Ohio must keep their treatment records at least five (5) years after a patient ends his care. Many health care providers keep their records longer.

You have a right to see, get a copy of, and amend your medical record for as long as your health care provider has it.

(Amend means add to it....)

Regarding her notes...

You have the right to see and get a copy of your medical record. You
    also have the right to correct your medical record by having information
    added to it to make it more complete or accurate. This right is called the
    right to amend your record.

Your medical record includes such things as:
    • Information that identifies you, such as your name and Social Security number.
    • Information that you tell your doctor, such as:
    o Your medical history.
    o How you feel at the time of your visit.
    o Your family health history.
    • The results of your examination.
    • Test results.
    • Treatment received in a hospital.
    • Medicine prescribed.
    • Notes that your doctor takes about you.
    • Other information about things that can affect your health or health care.
    You have the right to get and amend these records whether they are kept on paper or
    on a computer.

So, you can only amend your record by adding to it, but not taking away from it....like her comments for instance.

Hope this helps...

Refer to the link in the earlier post of mine...or use this one for a continuous read... http://ihcrp.georgetown.edu/privacy/...h/ohguide.html

Love,
    O.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Thank you sooo much Oluwa! WOW, it HELPS MORE than you know! You are such a big help! Rob gave me some good ideas too. Now that im settled in to a dr who HAS diagnosed me Carl wants to hit the ground running to go after my old dr. He wants my health and care to come first he said, ive been getting alot worse lately and its scareing us both.The new dr pulled those records from 11yrs ago when R Arthritis showed up, she said "i can get those right from the labs,we dont need her record,its in their system as well!" We were soooo happy! She tried telling me (along with my old rheumy who said its just fibro and stress) that arthritis from 98 never was there! Carl and i are sooooooo Happy to have a diagnosis(she thhinks alot mores wrong with me too),it took us 3 yrs to get here,11 if you count some symptoms back then to piece together. Thank you again!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hooray for you and carl.

your story brings hope to many people who continue to struggle with a dr. Jeannette, you are such a nice person, and i hope you are celebrating finding your new dr.

enjoy my friend,
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

OHHHHH, THANK YOU so much PHYLLIS! WE are definately celebrating! It means soooo much to have someone to look at you and say "well duh, of course youre sick, who cant see that"! WELL, unfortunately my dr. for oh, about 11yrs! Ya just gotta keep truckin along even when you think you'll never get there!! "Never give up, never surrender"! LOL