Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swimming in Fog

Thanks

Default Not diagnosed but this is why im suspected of lupus

Hello all. I have not been diagnosed with lupus as of yet but am expected of it by my primary dr. I go see a rheumy this thursday. I get a red sunburn like rash when exposed to fluorescent lights. It covers my nose and cheeks and sometimes arms and chest. It burns and feels hot and is flat no bumps etc. Among alot of other symptoms that started at 15 with seizures and my latest 2 positive ana results(1/160 speckled and 243 as a high ana)I am suspected of lupus as I said. I never used to be reactive to these lights either. First it was the sun all my life but more apparent 5 months ago when it started giving me the rash and then like 2 months ago when the lights started to affect me. The rash never stays more than hours though. Could it still be the butterfly rash since it has the distinct pattern or just photosensitivity? Id love anyones input no who experiences it! I also get the brain fog thing as well. Have trouble thinking and remembering. I went blank on the day of my bday the other day for a second and freaked! Well I hope you figure this out because it bothers me to no end! Take care. -Brittanee
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

I never thought of those bulb causing that. Maybe that is why I am always dragging at work and why it seems like I cannot get a break with flares. It seems like I am always feeling like...well you know.
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Mountaidreamer, ive put a photo of me wearing my specs with the diamontes on each side.Its a really crap photo and i look like i should be wearing a straight jacket. But imagine when the sun hits the side of them WOW....im a glitter ball.xxxx

love
    Angel.xxx

P.s Its on my profile in the blurry photos of my hair n stuff...in there.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

going right now to check out the glasses.

i love sparkles, and i love being eccentric with frustrating necessities. for example, since i have to carry around so many meds, i keep them in a Crown Royal bag....it is purple and fun....makes me smile.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

angel,

love the glasses.....let the sun shine.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I'm not quite as sensitive, but do find them draining if I'm cooped up for a long period of time ... at home, we have a lot of the new swirly bulbs, but my reading lamp is NOT. I tried it once. Lasted 5 monutes. Went back to the "regular" bulb.

There are filters to cut the UV, I typed in "florescent filters" in google and got a whole list. Here's one link that talks about them.

http://www.ergomart.com/FLUORESCENT_...RS/filters.htm

I have talked about these for work, we may eventually go to these in many of our lights. At home....I'm going to look for filters for "regular" lamps to see if I can eventually switch to a florescent next to my reading chair.
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)