Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Visit Update

Thanks

Default Doctor Visit Update

Okay, I went to the rheumatologist today. It was an adventure. I am extremely exhausted after all of this.

First of all, I absolutely LOVE my new dr. He is amazing and was extremely willing to help me. He did all kinds of things. I now have new diagnoses and medicines. I have SLE (still, but I knew that one) and I now have Fibromyalgia, Raynauld's and Sjorgen's Syndormes. Along with this, he believes my kidneys and CNS are being attacked by the lupus. The test results for this aren't in yet though; he will call me and let me know. I feel very optimistic about my new diagnoses, mostly just because I have a dr. who knows what is wrong with me and how to treat me. I'm on a whole slew of medicines now, but it's exciting to know that they may help me. I go back to see him in about a month.

I feel excited, for the first time in a long time with this disease. I hope this post was legible and coherent. I also hope that everyone else is having a good start to the week.

~Amanda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Amanda i am glad the Doctor was a nice one.Sorry about the diagnosis but like you said you knew what it was. I hope now you start to get some relief from the right medication. Sending you gentle hugs.You rest now, i know how tiring a hospital visit can be.

love
    Angel.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

So very to happy to hear that your new rheumy is a gem . Amazing what validation can do to one's psyche isn't it?

What kind of tests did he do/order to determine if the CNS is involved?

Thanks

Congrats on finding a new Rhumy that you really like. It is very important to be comfy with your dr. I hope that the new meds will help you. I'm sure its not fun hearing all these different things wrong with you but at the same time at least you know what is wrong. Let us know how the tests come out.
    God Bless you always,

Maria

Thanks

I'm not sure exactly what tests were run. he was spitting out test names faster than my brain could comprehend. All I needed to know is that he wanted to help me, and I need his help. It's an amazing feeling to finally have the other diagnoses and medicine. I start the regimen tonight...I bought a pill box today to help me keep it all straight. It should be interesting.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi amanda,

i know you are tired from the events of your day. i am thrilled to hear about your dr. To have him on your medical team must really make you feel confident that feeling better is just around the corner.

you have worked hard educating yourself, and preparing yourself so that you could participate in the diagnosis. you rest now, and know that you just handled lupus, it did not handle you. congratulations...
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

good to hear that your rheumy is a good one :]

&& i hope that your lupus isnt attacking your kidneys!! but if they are, i hope that its not bad!!
    hopefully the results come in soon!!

wish you the best!
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

what exactly is CNS???
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

good morning ashley,

CNS is central nervous system
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Amanda, How Awesome that you found a great rheumy...I do understand the excitement when you finally get a diagnosis..it defys all logic but it means you are at a starting point...Did he put you on other medicines? and when do you see him again to find out the results of your tests?
    This is a better reception than you had at the neurologist, I am so glad for you...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost