Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When Life Gives You Lemons...

Thanks

Red face

LOL...I will drink the other bottle while watching the cook. If I drink enough do you think that it would help with doubling the batch? (darn did I say that out loud?)
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Thanks

I think that might work.....however, it might be double vision that creates the double batch.....LOL

Rasta

Thanks

Oh my...that really looks good...I can't wait to try it..
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Hey Pretti...don't know of any sub for the heavy cream...wish there was...that's why this is a 'Special Occasion' recipe...my arteries need a good 6 months between batches.

Yep, I definitely think a recipe forum is a great idea...there have been a few recipes people in this forum have shared in the past that sound delicious. Maybe we could even have a special area just for chocolate ones.....I know Angel would spend time there drooling for sure.

Hey monkeys...explain the strange part...you knew I was strange already...you should know by now that you never know what to expect when you walk in on my posts. I like to keep ya on your toes, girl.

Raising my glass in a toast to good food and good friends.......

Fondly,

Lori

Thanks

***raising my glass with you***
    bon appetite....Don't I sound fancy? That's french for what we say in Texas...Eat up
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Here's one for Angle and other chocolate lovers.

Truffle Pie

Ingredients
    Truffle Fillings:

2/3 cup heavy cream
    6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
    1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

Whipped Chocolate Filling:

6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
    1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Whipped Cream Topping:

1 cup heavy cream
    1/4 cup confectioners' sugar

Garnish:

1 1/2 ounces milk chocolate
    1 1/2 ounces white chocolate
    1 1/2 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate

Directions

For the truffle filling, in a saucepan, bring 2/3 cup cream to a simmer, Place the 5 ounces chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute, then gently whisk until smooth, Spread truffle filling over the bottom of the prepared pie crust. Freeze for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, for the whipped chocolate filling, in a double boiler or a microwave set on low power, heat the 6 ounces chocolate chips with 1/2 cup of the cream until the chocolate is just melted, stirring often. Let cool to room temperature. Inn a chilled bowl, beat the chocolate mixture, remain int 1 cup of cream and the vanilla until soft peaks form (tips curl). Spread the whipped chocolate mixture over the truffle filling in the crust. Refrigerate overnight.

For the topping, just before serving, beat 1 cup cream on medium speed of an electric mixer until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and whip until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Spread the whipped cream over the top of the pie. Using a grater of vegetable peeler, make pieces or shaving of milk chocolate, white chocolate, and semisweet or dark chocolate. Garnish pie with chocolate pieces. Serve immediately.

Prep Time: 30 min
    Inactive Prep time: 8 hours 20 min
    Cook Time: min hr min
    Makes 8 servings

Watch out chocolate lover its addicting .

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

O M G i am licking the screen right now.Thanks so much!!!! xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Rather than licking the screen, how 'bout I over and pick you up Angel.....and we'll head to Texas.

Start cooking now, David...we'll be there in a few days.....Can you make one for Angel...and one for Me, pleasesssee?

And don't rinse out the bowls or spoons...we plan to lick them clean.

(Angel, I had to use 'drive' cuz their wasn't an airplane smiley!)

Lori

p.s. Seriously, David, I'll be trying this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Thats sounds like a fab idea. I;ll be trying both of them.
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Lori,
    You pick up Angle and come on down. Lisa will make as many as needed. Then we'll all go sailing to top it off.

After sailing we'll have fresh shrimp, crab, and red fish caught right here in Port O'Connor. We'll have a blast.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David