Thread: IBS and other junk

Thanks

Default IBS and other junk

1. I have had IBS for quite some time. As many of you know I have dealt with the diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and other digestives issues all this past fall and winter.
    2. About a month ago I'd say my bowel issues started to change. My tummy issues began to get better. I have not had nausea, vomiting and all the rest. The diarrhea was still there but I was having less and less of it and more and more of the soft formed stools. (Sorry I know TMI)
    3. I have no idea why my computer is numbering off. Please bear with this.
    4. Now I am constipated. I had used the rest of the suppositories that I had. I used some Pericolace. I ended up needing to take 8 tabs. Four to start, two more eight hours later and two more four hours after that. Then I was finally able to go. My poor tummy was so distended and I was in so much pain. I am so thin that when i was so bloated I looked to be 4-5 months pregnant.
    5. Can I take this Pericolace every day?
      Is this common for IBS to switch around its symptoms?
      Has anyone ever heard of the IBS diet? I did find out that for me some of the triggers are nuts, peanut butter, tomatoes, spicy foods, fresh veggies, and I think dairy.
    6. I have been eating high fat foods trying to put on a little weight. Also high fiber foods to help with getting fiber in my diet.
    7. I read on this site for a IBS diet that all of those things are triggers for IBS.
    8. What do I do?
      Im so tired of ALL this crap(pun LOL!)

I am so stressed right now that it is causing me to be in so much pain. I have a feeling of uneasiness. I feel very vulnerable. This are so stressful in my life. I am getting to the point that running away is looking more and more like a solution. (I know it my heart that it is not) I just cant take this anymore. Something is going to happen and I am scared.

K
    Kasey
    aka SuperNoodle

I am a Lupie Lethologica Goofy Groupie

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Wife to my HubbyMan and Mom to a Multitude! Lovin' my sweet pup Ellie!
    Come visit our new store, www.hayleystreasures.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i have ibs also, and it goes from the diaharrea to constipation. when i don't go for one day the next day i take a stool softner and the next day i will take a laxative if i haven't gone yet.
    my doctor put me on a no sugar diet for it rich if you go online and look up a diebetic diet that what it is no carbs, suagrs of any sort. basically nothing white. i try to stay on as much as possible but have mostly given up when on diet i lost 30lbs which is good for me if you are already thin it might not be good for you. do you have a gastro. doc?
    thats who i went to and these were the things he told me to do.
    i hope this helps your not alone.
    i have brain fog today spelling is horrible sorry.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry i wanted to tell something else.
    i have been doing a 10min yoga for stress and it helps.
    my life has recently changed for the worse and i know how you feel about things. if it werent' for my son needed me still i probably would of done something by now. but my aunt who is 94 told me we are living in hell and when we go it will be heaven. god is testing us now for our place next to him. i have a hard time believing in god but this sounds good too me. so i will continue being tested for now and when my times comes i will be in bliss. try and keep up some type of faith.

Thanks

Hugs noodleMom

The only thing that I know for sure about IBS diet is that eating alot of beans is recommened, drinking plenty of water.

It would seem that like lupus, IBS can have different triggers for different people and the sevarity varies.

I've actually been pretty good for the past few years.

I eat an apple a day and throw alot of beans and lentils into my diet as well as fresh veggie's, but it sounds like those do not agree with you.

The only thing I have ever taken for it has been immodium when I have diahrea. I just take one small pill when I'm having a bad day and I'm usually good for the day.

Do grains upset you? If so, have you ever been checked for ceiliacs?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hey girl,

I have IBS...I go both ways...right now it is constipation, but it will change in time...I hate it too...wish I could get better in that area.
    Have you been checked for Celiac Disease? Those are the same symptoms, I think.
    I also have terrible GERD so I have taken myself off all sugar and gluten right now to see if I get better...so far not really, but I think in time it might help...can't hurt.
    Perhaps you can go on the Diet that Gina is suggesting...be sure to talk with your gastro whatever you decide.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Oh Kasey, I forgot to tell you what I think might be helping at least with the constipation(don't know about diarrhea, yet) and that is drinking more water...I know I sound like a moran, I mean doesn't everyone know to drink plenty of water? Well, i have not made it a priority...I get busy and then it is at the end of the day and I had not but half...I tell myself that I will do better tomorrow, but same thing..
    Well, now I am making it a priority, and I think it might help.
    If this post is more of a ...duh...then Please disregard.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

I carry around my "special water cup" EVERY day. This way i get my water daily. I put fresh ice in it and as it empties i fill it up. I goes with me everywhere. Its those stainless steel cups with a non-slip bottom and a lid. Its safe and its covered so i can take it anywhere i go. Water is the way to go along with your fresh vegies,fresh fruits and whole grain breads unless you need gluten-free food as was said already. I agree FULLY with the Beans and Apples, you cant go wrong with your bowels being on a regular schedule eating like this daily. Im like clockwork,EVERY morn at 7 or so(no lie) and i know, TMI too, but were here to be honest and help one another,right! I have IBS also but with my daily exercise,stretching and high fiber foods i have a darn clean colon! LOL Seriously though,my tummy is Very touchy but i do whats in my power to keep it content. I also stay away from any drinks that arent 100% natural, i pretty much only drink water and skim milk,which i keep to a minimum because this can aggrivate my IBS.
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I also have IBS and Gerd. I was told by my Dr that I need to pay attention to
    what I eat so then I will know what to avoid. Each person is different. Just pay attentiuon to what you eat and what bothers you. You could journal your diet to keep track, then it would be easier.
    I know I have been trying to cut back on sugar, it seems to bother me.
    Good Luck.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was diagnosed with IBS when I was only 19. At that time, I was told to stay on a bland, soft foods diet. It was helpful, at first. But later, I started introducing other foods, even some types of berries, and eventually I got better. I think that introducing not so soft foods was a good thing for me to do, but I did wait until I thought the time was right.

Later, I read that some Dr. recommended this introduction of other foods, little by little, to help cure this condition.

For years and years I felt fine. But the last few years, I have felt that the IBS has come back. I haven't brought this issue up to my Dr. yet, as I have so many other health issues. I believe, I should go on the soft food, bland diet again and see if it helps.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi drinkofwtr,

i think it would be a good idea to go back to the original diet that helped. this way, when you to mention it to the dr, you can report on the effects of the bland diet....will be another piece of information for the dr, to use in deciding about treatment.
    Phyllis

share a smile today