Thread: butterfly rash

Thanks

Question butterfly rash

Hi, I'm fairly new here and am not sure if I am posting this under the right category/place.
    What I am wondering is if those of you with a butterfly rash can feel heat/ burning on your face? Does it come and go, more active sometimes than others, like during a flare? I always have at least a slight erythemia across my cheeks, but when tired, when pain is elevated, etc., it becomes so inflammed, even burgundy in areas and the darker areas become raised and it feels like I have a fever or something all concentrated in my face. Each cheek redness is shaped exactly like a butterfly wing. I have a recheck with my rheumy this coming Wednesday. She has previously ordered bloodwork, and I will get the results then. My ANA is usually negative and she said there is another test that would indicate lupus even more than the ANA test, can you tell me what that would be?

I have already been diagnosed with advanced fibromyalgia & have lupus and sjorgren's symptoms as well. Have an elevated SED rate and osteoarthritis. Tons of migraines. I'm 52 yrs old.

Thanks

Hi Melindarose...

I think she is referring to anti (ds) DNA....

I have the malar....and my face gets hot, when tired, in a flare, on the PC too long...when my sleep was too hot...stressed. From red to slightly pink with a bump or too....

Hows life in the UP? What part?

Keep looking for your wellness.
    Hugs
    Love,
    OLuwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Smile malar rash

Thanks OLuwa,
    Sometimes the butterfly is raised and sometimes it can be mottled looking. I am in Traverse City, which is Northern Lower Penninsula. Life here is great, if you like a foot of snow in your yard this time of year! Are you in Michigan too?
    ~ ~melindarose

Thanks

Hi melindarose

I have three types of rashes.

Butterfly rash when it first showed up, I thought it was eczema. Flat red hot and sore. I have it on either side of my face and below my mouth.

Roceacia started two years ago, felt like a cross between hives and bad ackney. Hot, sore large bumps. Very painful.

Malar rash, hot dry bumpy, itchy and almost neo pink in colour.

There is a fourth but I get it very rarely and I've never gotten to the doctor quick enough for them to have a look at it. Hot itchy rash comes up in the area of how a man wears a full beard.

I'll be misserable with it then it's gone the next day.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Melinda..hey...

I have family in the UP...I was reared there till my teens.. I call Seattle my home...but for now we are in South Carolina...

I know exactly where Travese City is....

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hey Melinda,

my rash on my face gets hot...burning like I got a bad sunburn and I can feel the heat by touching it and other times it just sits there...mine is more flat and not as raised. When I am flaring it seems to get worse.
    I am 47 and have been diagnosed since fall of 2007.
    Nice to meet you...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

how many times in a day should a person put sunblock?

Thanks

hey Ssingh, I think if you are out and swimming or sweating you put sunblock on every 2 or 3 hours...I believe it is because we sweat it off..
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Thats right sickntired, its every 2-3 hrs because we do sweat it off. They say even if you're not working up a sweat it still should be reaplyed because like anything put on our skin it can fade away. Safe than sorry.
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette