Thread: Swelling and Flares

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Swelling and Flares

I have been having a bad year. Lots of swelling and Flares. Last night I had a strange place own my hand that was swelling. But my hand is better today. I hope when it gets warm things will get better.

Still try to learn how to use the site!!! I hope I'm doing it right!! , ,

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Right now i am having swelling and tenderness in my wrists and low grade fevers for a month and my blood work is all out of whack so i can understand what you are feeling so hope that everything will eventually get better. Bonita::

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi wrightrs and bonita.

my hands and wrists will swell, plus the veins will pop up and look gross. they turn red on the palms and inside of my fingers, and white on the outside. my hands hurt so bad....as a matter of fact, they are one of the things that hurts some every day. they usually feel like they are burning from the inside out. i don't know if it is the raynauds or SLE or Fibromyalgia....i have learned to accept that just about everything that goes wrong with me is somehow related to lupus.
    wish we could blow this thing away. ha ha ha

and wrightrs, i think you got the site figured out. glad you both are here, jump in and enjoy.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I can swell sooo bad with some flares that i have to take my jeans off for loose fitting clothing, my knees,calves and ankles swell BAD. Ive had to cut the elastic part of my sweats around the leg off cuz it cuts off my circulation. Which by the way causes vericose and spide veins. Thats why they say you should NEVER CROSS your legs(even though its unlady like)because it cuts off the circulation which in turn is one of the causes of vericose veins and spider veins. Just wanted to share that little bit of info! My hands and feet can swell as well sometimes. Lovely LUPUS!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

I've changed my meds and they have caused major swelling. I feel like I need to take a needle and pop my ankles because they have swollen so tight.