Thread: new member too... from Portugal...

Thanks

Smile new member too... from Portugal...

Hello... I'm 33 years old and I'm from Portugal. I was diagnosed with lupus on 2000 just when me and my husband we were thinking about having children...
    My first week it seemed like hell... I didnīt knew a thing about lupus and having a disease forever it felt really bad!
    Then I managed to stat talking about it with other persons including my family and my colleagues at work and they were very supportive even though they did not know about lupus too.. Anyway it helped.
    It is mey first time in forums like this and i hope to be able to talk with other persons with same disease as many times it seems that no one understand us... as we look good but manytimes we are not...
    I realy like to begin to talk about this with some of you...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh welcome and you will find the answers to many questions here.I am not as knowledgeable as most here, but we will all help you where we can. Yes talking helps allot and may begin to put you at ease a little. I hope you enjoy your stay here.We have our own arcade...im rubbish as its my laptops fault
    Everyone here are lovely so you will feel at home very soon. I am Angel aged 39 from the UK.AND today we actually sun all day.First day of summertime and the clocks went forward one hour, so today has gone very quick.I sat in the garden, was nice.
    Anyway, have a look around and any questions no matter what they are, ask away.

love
    Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hello and Welcome Sasha....

I'm glad you found us and decided to jump on board. As Angel said, you'll find a great group of compassionate people who truly understand what you're going through.

It's pretty difficult for those who don't have the disease to truly 'get it'....to understand what it's like to live day to day with a disease that many times makes us look 'fine' but feel like crap underneath.

It sounds like you have some supportive family and friends and that can go a long way in helping cope with the many things that Lupus throws at us. It can be a lonely road to travel...and having to go it completely alone is never a good thing.

Looking forward to hearing more from you....

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi sasha,

welcome to our group. as we say too many times, i am so sorry that you need us, but i am so happy that you found us. i have learned a lifetime of knowledge here, and i have learned how to live with lupus. before coming here, i was not sure if i could live with this stuff.....now i know i can and i know ways to make it easier.

please enjoy our fun times, learn from our members with so much knowledge, and jump in any time you want.

we are starting a little book club, if you will look in lauri's lounge, and the thread about the book club, you will get the details. we are all reading a book about living with a chronic illness, and we are going to share with each other. just want you to know that we would love for you to join us.

hope you have a beautiful day in Portugal
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Sasha,

Welcome to our group! I'm Rob, I'm 41 and was diagnosed with Lupus five years ago. It's always interesting to see where all of our members are from. We have people from South Africa, to New Zealand, the US, Canada, UK, and now Portugal. Lupus is colorblind, and knows no borders. There's some great info here, and plenty of understanding from others with Lupus. Make yourself at home!

Rob

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sasha
    Welcome to our family! You've already been greeted by some of our members. I just wanted to pop in to tell you that I am glad that you are here!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!