Thread: Blood Test Results

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Blood Test Results

Okay, have a couple questions for everyone. I got my results back from latest tests today. I haven't talked to the doc about them yet cuz I always have copies mailed to me for my own records.

Glucose came in at 59 norm range 65-99

Urinalysis
    Trace amounts of Occult Blood
    WBC 0-5 < or =5
    RBC 0-3 < or =3
    Squamous Epithelial Cells 0-5 < or =5

I have never had low glucose before, so this is new to me.???
    On all previous Urinalysis tests everything always came up as negative. I know that the WBC, RBC, etc..are w/in the normal range, but given that they've never shown up b4 is that reason for concern. Over the past few days my lower right back (kidney area I believe) has had a dull achiness I guess you could say.

I know we are not doctor's on here but just looking for opinions. Thanks!
    Lauren

Thanks

Hey Red,

You are right, I am not anything associated with medical, but I can say, It looks like at the time of the test that you had hypoglycemia or as you know low blood sugar. He will probably have you take it again...have you been feeling dizzy? I am not totally sure about hypoglycemia except it isn't exactly the opposite of Diabetes.
    As far as your kidney...I do know that kidney disease doesn't hurt...you could have an infection, though...that hurts and burns. I know that for sure.
    The WBC and RBC looks maybe high normal...sorry I probably just said what you already know..
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have been slightly dizzy lately. It hasn't been nearly as bad as it was during the first major flair up though. I'll have to go back and look through previous test results. Don't know if the glucose test has been done before or if it has & just hasn't been off.
    Dont have any burning associated w/discomfort. So, I don't know. I'll probably talk to fam doc about results before rhuemy so we'll see what he says. I trust him more than the other!
    THanks!
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lauren,

several months ago i experienced extreme pain in my left flank. my kidneys tested "borderline operational" so everyone panicked and many tests were done.

in the end, my nephrologist said yes my kidneys are borderline, but we can monitor and treat that. he said lupus nephritis is NOT painful, and he believes that the lupus was attacking the area around the left kidney. don't know, but pain is now gone, and i go in for checks with nephrologist every 3 months for now....if everything continues to be ok, we will increase to 6 monts.

that is my experience with kidneys and lupus. hope you find some answers.
    Phyllis

share a smile today