Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot on brain

Thanks

Exclamation Spot on brain

Hi, I have shared how I have had, neuro symtoms last few post. ER. visit last Sunday. (well now, I had MRI yesterday, they called and said was spot on my brain that was wasnt there 2years ago! Said it may be from Lupus not sure. Does anyone else know if lupus could leave spot? Also I know they were concerned with MS> I have both diseases in my immediate family. Just wondering. Thanks Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have you suffered from migraines? If not, then the answer is cautiously yes. Lupus as well as MS can sometimes cause spots on the brain due to Central Nervous System involvement of the diseases. It could also be the result of a mini stroke (also common in Lupus).
    At this point, any answers without more tests would probably scare you and we do not want to do that! Please let us know what your doctors decide to do and what they find. Best of Luck

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you. Saysusie. I had a headache-migrane at one point for 1 and half years 24hours a day, but the Dr. just said probably stress, and did not go any further. It left mysteriously as it came! weird. lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KATROACH1972 View Post
    Hi, I have shared how I have had, neuro symtoms last few post. ER. visit last Sunday. (well now, I had MRI yesterday, they called and said was spot on my brain that was wasnt there 2years ago! Said it may be from Lupus not sure. Does anyone else know if lupus could leave spot? Also I know they were concerned with MS> I have both diseases in my immediate family. Just wondering. Thanks Kathy

Interesting.. I had an MRI done about two months ago and I showed a small white spot on my frontal lobe-- caused my migraines (or so they think)-- how big was it and where was it located?

Thanks

Not exactly sure where on brain or size etc. They just called to tell me they wanted to send me to Neuro.

Thanks

Hi Kathy!!!!

OMG! sorry about the spot! My neuro just showed me my brain the other day from my MRI and she said a spot is something to watch and follow up on.. If MS is in your family its definately something to stay on top of! She told me that is what they really keep an eye out for with autoimmune diseases. I hope you find out soon and please let us know how it goes. You are always in my thoughts! HUGS XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi funny enough i had a mri in jan and it came up with some small black dots and they were unsure what it is said if its anything its to early to tell soo when i go back in june they will book me in for another one!! but i have also been having lots of headache/migranes do you think they could be connected??
    good luck let us know how you get on xx H xx

Thanks

HMMMM, Im not sure Heidi cuz she did diagnose me with migrains but i didnt have any spots. She said they might appear JUST DURING a migrain. Im on meds for them but theyre not working well. She has me charting my progress w the meds and honestly its made me worse at times. UGH I go back in 2 wks. I would have them investigate further because she said she would be digging deeper w more tests if any spots were there. Good Luck!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks jeannette its bit wierd having it hanging there not knowing what it could be specially with having aps as well and uncl that had stroke in his early 40s which i understand is quite young!!
    but we will wait and see!!

Thanks

Yes, 40 is quite young! Its better for you to stay on top of things just for that reason alone! I hope all works out for you and its good to know that family history!