Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have missed you!

Thanks

Smile I have missed you!

It has been so long! I am so sorry that I have been absent for so long. I got very sick about three weeks ago. I was unable to go the bathroom and went into the doctor, turned out I had an infection in my kidneys. While I was there he wanted to listen to my breathing because I have so many lung problems, turned out I had a lung infection and a sinus infection! I told him that I only came to see him because I couldn't pee!!!! He laughed and said it is always like that with me!

Tim was able to spend almost 30 days at home and during that time we traveled a lot. He took me on a surprise trip to the Grand Canyon........north and south rim!!!!! I was actually a lucky one who actually got to see the Grand Canyon covered in snow!!!! After that we explored Death Valley for six days........it was amazing! Here is my personal blog.......I really want to share it with all of you:

http://monkeyseemonkeydoaroundamountain.shutterfly.com/

Through all of that we found out my grandma has Alzheimer's and it has shaken me to my core. I am so close with her and I can not seem to come to terms with the fact that one day she will no longer know who I am. I cry a lot and feel like I am learning a hard life lesson. Tim reminds me that all the amazing memories I have with her are what I need to hang on to through this process. He lost his grandfather the same way and I find comfort in the fact that he truly can tell me that he knows what I am going through. Speaking of Tim, his dad is having some heart problems and may need surgery on his heart this next month.......

You can see life has handed me tons of lemons........anyone up for lemonade????!!!!!! I have missed you all and I hope you didn't forget about me........I am happy to be back!!!!!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Danica!

I was wondering why you have been so quiet lately. It's good to see you back! The very first time I saw the Grand Canyon, it was blanketed in low clouds and fog, and as the mist lifted, I saw the canyon covered in snow. It was amazing. You went to the north rim, I love it up there, not many people compared to the south rim. And you went to Death Valley too! Awesome stuff.

I'm sorry about your grandmother having Alzheimers. Terrible stuff. My father had some serious heart problems a few years back. He had a couple of stents put in at the Arizona Heart Institute, and has been doing great ever since. Jane will be so happy to see you back. What do you think of the new site? It's got some pretty cool features. Have a great day, and I'll talk to you later.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi danica,

i have been wondering about you. i was hoping that your absence was due to you feeling sooooo good that you were out enjoying life. well, i see you were enjoying the natural beauty of our country, but i see you weren't necessarily feeling so good. sounds like your dr. took good care of your assorted medical needs, and it sounds like Tim took care of your emotional needs. thank goodness you have such good people in your life.

so sorry to hear about your grandmother. i lost mine a few years ago, and it broke my heart....she was my "best friend" for life, and her absence reminds me each day how much she meant to me. Alzeimers is such a mean thing to happen to our loved ones.

so glad you are back....i have missed you and look forward to the new members benefiting from your posts.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Danica,

I missed you and no we didnt forget you at all.I sent you a message.When you learn how to use this new site you'll see it in your profile.

So sorry to hear about your grandma.Tim is right, you have such good memories.

Oh how exciting the Grand Canyon...wow.I'll look at your blog to see how fab it was.

Hope you are feeling a touch better now.Youve had it rough.I'll have some lemonade lol

We all missed you Danica, so welcome back and im sending you gentle hugs.We are all here for you my friend.

love
    Angel.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Wow,

What amazing photos.I bet it was so dark out there yet so cosy with that camp fire....the sky and the stars...amazing! What a massive place....i love those rocky places....so peaceful. Like the sofa in the middle of nowhere how fab! What were the ghost people there for? Fab photos Danica and glad you experienced it.Just what you needed!!!

love
    Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Im so pleased to have my friends back!!

Ive been kinda lost and wandering without ya hun lol,
    thanx for my wall post too and the emails etc, did you enjoy your wine? hehe

I knew i had a good feeling about today, everything is coming together for all of us, i think im gonna pass on my fortune to y'all

Peace out sister!!!
    Jane
    xxx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi jane,

yes, i agree, today does seem to be a good day. i woke this morning and realized that i was not hurting....no pain yet...yeah for good days.

enjoy your new family group, and celegrate michael's success.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Today has been a good day just knowing I am back with all of you! I didn't realize until today how much I truly missed all of you and need you in my life. You are my Lupus family and my beautiful support group!!!!!! I am just so happy to hear you loving words again!!!!!

Rob:
    The site is so cool!!!!! I can't figure out how to put a picture with my name.......help!!!!! I really do love it! The Grand Canyon with the fresh fallen snow was so peaceful and just gave you a sense of calmness. The north rim was amazing because Tim and I had it all to ourselves. We slept right on the rim and woke up to this amazing sight!!!! I was pretty sick during the trip but the clean, fresh air was worth every minute of it!!!!! I have missed you very much!!!!

My Angel:
    I have missed you so much!!!! You have been there for me and I remember when we made it through your ordeal at the end of last year. I thought of you often and was always wishing you were well. How has things been going health and personal???????

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Mountain Dreamer:
    You are such a special person and have always been there for me when I was not feeling well. You always seem to have something positive to say and you spread hope to everyone! I am so happy you found this site and we were able to find each other! How have you been feeling??????

Jane:
    My love! Every Monday night I am thinking of you and as I battle through Tuesdays you are always on my mind. I have been eating chocolate Robin's Eggs lately........I though you would be proud I am so happy to be back and I am so happy we have been able to keep track of each other on Facebook!!!!

You all are so special tome and I hope we will be life long companions through our disease and see each other through the good times and bad!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Danica,

Things and life have been a bit rough, but im still here. Everyone has to have hard and bad times at some point.Think im getting all mine all at once Good times always follow....so im sat here waiting for them to happen now..
    So glad you are back, you were missed allot. Hope today is a good day for you.

love
    Angel.xxx