Thread: new

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default new

Hi
    my name is Pam and I decieded I needed to find a support group.
    I have in the past belonged to a group, but can't remember which.
    I just need some support and I like hearing what others have to say about their own experiences. It is so confusing at times to know whether its lupus or something else. I was diagnosed with sle in 1999, after many dr visits, of course.
    Have been feeling a flare for awhile now, swollen joints, fatigue, and more.
    I have much stress in my life, but I do try to keep my mood controled. It could be worse!

Pam

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi pam,

welcome to the group. as you can tell, the group welcomes everyone, and everyone contributes whatever they can.

do you have a rheumy? what treatments are you getting? wish you weren't in a flare, but glad you found us.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Pam,

Just to say hello and welcome.People will come and say hi soon too.Hope you are feeling ok today.Have a look around the forum oh and check out the arcade, so much fun.

Sending you gentle hugs
    love
    Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile

I do have a regular internal med dr, I see a rheumy every 6 mths since it was set up that was 1 yr ago.
    I am on Plaquinal and take protonix also for gerds.
    I have gasteronal probs often.
    One Rheum told me to buy a relaxation cd
    for arthritis, didn't think much of the meditation method.
    Guess it works for some.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes i know in the beginning it didnt help me either.Every now and again if i really felt a bit relaxed and especially if ive not slept in a couple of days....then it works But by that time im going insane so you try anything.
    If its nice outside, i sometimes do pretend and do visualizations....im on a beach oh and its nice...try it see if works...make up your own story.

love
    Angel.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi pam! i'm willing to give whatever support i can. life with lupus is unbelievably hard at times, and it's easy to feel overwhelmed.

i love this forum and the people on it... everyone is great. however, i've been wanting to join a real life support group but i can't seem to find one in my area. the closest one i found is about an hour away from me, and i live in a densely populated area so it's hard for me to believe. guess i'll keep looking.
    23 year old clinical psychology grad student with lupus (SLE) and nephritis
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Lisinopril, Lipitor, OsCal+D

Blog Entries
    Thanks

just wanted to say hi pam welcome hope you find the group as helpful and great as i have xx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Pam;
    Welcome to our family. I am Saysusie, one of the moderators of this forum. You will find (as you've already seen) that everyone here is more than willing to give you support and understanding. We will also do our best to answer your questions and give you information and advice.
    Lupus is a very difficult disease to get a handle on because it affects everyone differently and its symptoms mimic so many other diseases. So, you are not alone in your confusion

However, you are amongst the kindest group of people who are from all over the globe. I am glad that you are here and I am sure that you will make some wonderful, understanding friends here.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!