Thread: My Best Friend Died

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default My Best Friend Died

My best friend died Wednesday and her funeral was on Sunday. The funeral was so hard. I miss her alot, already. Her name was Pauline and her kidneys stopped functioning. She had other health problems too, including bone cancer. Her health had deteriorated a lot the past year. She left a daughter, and a granddaughter and several brothers and a sister. Her mom and dad preceded her in death. She used to make me laugh so when she would sign a rap song. I used to bring Moo Goo Gai Pan to her house for lunch from the local Chinese restaurant and we would share it. She liked that too.

So in the last week and a half, my dad had his lung tapped, my boyfriend was in and out of the hospital and my best friend died. I am feeling very tired and down in the dumps. I hope I come out of this emotional and physical turmoil soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh drinkofwtr,

so sorry to hear about your friend....i too lost a dear friend to cancer a few years back, and i still miss her.

please try to get rest, i know your body is in need of a little pampering.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I lost a good friend a few years ago to cancer as well. It started as breast cancer and spread throughout her system. I still miss her and think of her nearly every day.

Be gentle with yourself right now, give yourself time to grieve, but also try to do something positive when you can. Maybe consider doing something in your friend's memory...create something like a photo collage or a poem about her, plant a tree, or even buy a beautiful houseplant. Most important, though, is to take good care of yourself right now.

*Hugs*

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi,

Oh im sorry to read about your friend.Im sending you gentle hugs.How is your Dad doing? I was waiting to hear as you said he was going to have his lung done.Hope he feeling a little better and the procedure is a success.

You just take your time to grieve.The pain of grief of losing someone so close is a pain which hurts deep to your soul.It will take time to come to terms with your friends loss. You will feel so low, you have had so much to deal with lately.
    Just remember we are all here for you and wrapping our arms round you. I know we can not help the pain you feel deep inside, but you have such lovely memories of your friend so we will talk about her and keep those memories alive.

Just rest and cry and grieve for now. It has to happen.But we will help you through this very sad time. Sending you very gentle hugs my friend and i will think of you.

love
    Angel.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Angel,

My Dad is doing better. He can actually talk clearly now and doesn't cough anymore. Unfortunately, they are checking him out for another problem. The Dr. just did a culture and he said they won't know for 30 days if he has this problem or not. So it is a wait and see. If he has this problem, it won't be good, but I heard they can treat it very aggressively with antibiotics.

At this time, I can't say what they think he might have. I want to find out first if he really has this illness.

Drink

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Well for now, i am glad he is feeling a little better.Dont worry about what ''it'' might be. He is feeling better 'now' thats what matters TODAY!! You have too much stuff going on to worry about the future. I hope its good news when the results come back.

love
    Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

DrinkofWtr,

I'm so sorry you lost your best friend Pauline. I've lost two very good friends over the past few years, so I know how you are feeling. I've found, that time is really the only thing that helps with the sadness. It took time, but I now think mostly of the good memories, and not so much of the sadness of the loss. The signing a rap song sounds hilarious. My best friend who died five years ago, used to do the best impressions of movie stars. He could have been a stand up comic he was so funny.

How are your Dad, and your boyfriend doing? I hope they are feeling better. Go easy on yourself, rest, and grieve as long as you need to.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Rob:

My boyfriend is doing fine now. But he did get diagnosed with carpal tunnel when he was in the hospital. Don't know how that will affect his work life? He may have to have an operation or he may have to change jobs. Currently, he is a welder. Time will tell. Thanks for your concern.

Thanks

What a horrible string of stressors for you! So sorry about losing your dear friend and everything else you're having to contend with.

Take some time for yourself to grieve your loss(es) and take care of yourself. What you don't need now is a flaming flare!