Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Financial Assistance with Food Bills??

Thanks

I live in Oregon. Are Food help is Oregon Food stamps. They go by your income and bills. The rate of money for food is adjusted when you pay for anything prescribed out of pocket and send in Rx and reciepit. I recieve 106.00 a month not much but anything helps. But I had 300$ worth of stuff last month NOT covered by medicare. I phto copied sent bills and have 200.00 for food next month. Look up you state goverment page and see what assistance is available. My place of assiantance is called Senior and DIsabled services.

Thanks

Lupus has completly taken over my life. My before my diagnosis I was a college student with a job and my own place. Now I have none of those. I tried going to school but I get sick too often and I eventually have to drop out of my classes. I had to stop working and give up my apartment. Now I'm living at home with my mother. I had to lie to get on welfare. I applied for Social Security in March of 2008 and they denied me. I have appealed my case time and time again but they still refuse. Money is extremely tight and with summer here it only makes things worse. I live in Palmdale, Ca and the temperatures could get into the 120's. Not only does the cold but the extreme heat brings more flares than I can handle. Unfortunately electricity is so expensive out here that I only turn on at night after 7. The bills are too high and I'm running out of hope. I've been thinking about doing my best to ignore my pain and go to work but it's just that the pain is so bad I can barely move sometimes but like I said earlier bills need to be paid and Social Security is being stubborn. I just don't know what to do anymore. I honestly feel like giving up at this point.