Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: somewhat of a vent

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default somewhat of a vent

I'm so tired of this! I want to be back to my old self. There are days that start out and I feel pretty good, but by the evening........I hurt so bad I can barely make it up the stairs. I tried cleaning up in my bedroom yesterday, I was so exhausted by the time I got done I just wanted to lay down and never get up. Couldn't do that though, had to make dinner!

I went the other day to the neuro for arm weakness I've been having. He finally got the report from the neuro I had 1 1/2 yr ago. She stated about the issues with my neck and also that she felt my other problems I was having were due to depression! I was pissed enough when she told me then that she thought it was stress, but to say that I was depressed! Mind you this was during one of the happiest times over the past several years.

I'm just tired of feeling like crap & nobody has any answers. Okay, pity party over!
    Lauren

Thanks

Lauren, gentle hugs to you,

I'm so sorry you got the ol "oh you're depressed and stressed" song and dance. Would have been tempting to say "well add aggressive and PISSED off to that, you stupid quack"

How is your arm doing? Go back to your family doctor and tell them what happened and ask for another referal for a second opinion. You deserve to find out what's going on with you and not be brushed off.

Sending you some inner strength to do the battle of the idiot doctor.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

THis is what I think of that doctor! That was the old doc that said I was depressed. I don't think I've even mentioned to the new neuro about the other issues I've had - mixing up words, forgetting words, etc.. He is sending me for a new mri of my neck to see if it has gotten worse. He said that from a year 1/2 ago, it was much worse than it should be for someone my age. So, we'll see what that shows.

I do need to call my family doc and see if he can suggest a new rheum though. It's been a crzy week and just haven't had the time to do it. And now I need to run and pack the boys up for the weekend! Thx for the hugs!
    Lauren

Thanks

It is tiring...times it is like going through a drive through fast service, eh?

Depressed, stressed, pay at the next window....next.
    Depressed, stress, pay at the next window...next...

Seems like we are rubber stamped at times...

It could be a myriad of things and not from an emotion. I know emotions stress and depression can cause pain, and also magnify a symptom that was already there to begin with.

For me, at times it is hard to tell what came first the pain or depression...but most of the time it is the pain, the not being able to be like who I was, active that creates the spiraling affect into depression.

Things that can cause neck and arm pain. Herniated disk, inflamed muscles, pinch nerved...fibromyalgia..referrred pain...GERD....Lupus, RA...

Diagnostic tests for nerve damage, impediment.....MRI...EMG...

She should be ruling out all the possibilities..

If she felt it was stress and depression, did she prescribe anything..pills, physical therapy...

Seriously flawed neurologist...

Today is the first day of spring...look at it as a new start to find a new doctor...

Hugs...keep looking for your wellness.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sits_inthe_corner View Post
    Lauren, gentle hugs to you,

I'm so sorry you got the ol "oh you're depressed and stressed" song and dance. Would have been tempting to say "well add aggressive and PISSED off to that, you stupid quack"

How is your arm doing? Go back to your family doctor and tell them what happened and ask for another referal for a second opinion. You deserve to find out what's going on with you and not be brushed off.

Sending you some inner strength to do the battle of the idiot doctor.
    LOL thanks for the morning chuckle!

We DO need to be aggressive with these idiots.

Red, I have a new goal: To have the tallest mountain of washed laundry on my bed. I'm determined to WIN! Guiness Book of World Records get ready for my page! woohooooo

Things I learned from chronic illness;

There is no stigma attached to using paper plates.

Microwaves can cook an entire dinner.

Salad flows freely straight from the bag.

If you tie up a bag of trash real tight it really doesn't smell that bad after a few days.

If you walk over it enough times, it starts to blend in with the floor as if it has always belonged there.

My true value is not linked to my massive society of evolved dust bunnies that live in the secret dark places under and behind things.

Watching chic flicks on the sofa while sipping a juice spritzer can be a very fulfilling way to spend the afternoon.

The only important part of the toilet to worry about it what you have to sit on.

Seriously though, it is frustrating, I don't mean to negate your anger, it is impossible to function the way we need to. I used to describe it like this when I was raising my children; you HAVE to pour glasses of milk for the kids. You HAVE to or everything will fall apart and your children's needs will not be met. The only problem was my pitcher had no milk in it. I couldn't get any milk to put in the pitcher but I absolutely HAD to pour the milk! I had to! It must be done!

There was a time when I was near liver failure I actually had to drive my kids around with one hand while I pushed my liver back up underneath my rib cage because it was so swollen. It's a wonder i did not end up in the looney bin. I had no help.

The good news is it truly can get better. Even though my illness progressed, my life is so much better. My children are grown adults now and I have awesome grandchildren. My prognosis was "you are not going to make it". Here I am 20 years later with more good days than bad.

{{hugs}}
    Wishing you many GOOD days ahead,
    Love,
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by red246 View Post
    I'm so tired of this! I want to be back to my old self. There are days that start out and I feel pretty good, but by the evening........I hurt so bad I can barely make it up the stairs. I tried cleaning up in my bedroom yesterday, I was so exhausted by the time I got done I just wanted to lay down and never get up. Couldn't do that though, had to make dinner!

I went the other day to the neuro for arm weakness I've been having. He finally got the report from the neuro I had 1 1/2 yr ago. She stated about the issues with my neck and also that she felt my other problems I was having were due to depression! I was pissed enough when she told me then that she thought it was stress, but to say that I was depressed! Mind you this was during one of the happiest times over the past several years.

I'm just tired of feeling like crap & nobody has any answers. Okay, pity party over!
    Inow how you feel when i first got sick i really started thinking that this was in my head till it all came down to the fact that i went to the emergency room and was admitted for 11 days in the hospital and was discharged with a fever of 100 and sent to my rheumotologist for more treatment my sed rate in the hospital was 106 and they knew finally from all the tests something was wrong and not in my head so i know how frustrating this can be . Hang in there Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AyahsClan View Post
    LOL thanks for the morning chuckle!

Red, I have a new goal: To have the tallest mountain of washed laundry on my bed. I'm determined to WIN! Guiness Book of World Records get ready for my page! woohooooo You should have seen my bed yesterday!

There was a time when I was near liver failure I actually had to drive my kids around with one hand while I pushed my liver back up underneath my rib cage because it was so swollen. It's a wonder i did not end up in the looney bin. I had no help. This I can understand!
    So much of what you said is my life already! I really don't care that the house is not spotless. I just hate it when it gets to the point that I can't find anything/can't walk into a room w/out stepping over stuff.

The other year when all this started I was beginning to wonder if it was all in my head. Then I got sick again this year and found out that it wasn't! Even though I may not have an "official" diagnosis yet, I do know that there is something going on. I just have to keep looking for the doctor who will finally give me more than a vague "something autoimmune".

Thank you all for the support! It helps knowing that there are other people out there that have/are "been there done that"!
    Lauren

Thanks

First of all, you guys are funny, I have read it all and Iam still laughing.
    When I was daignosed 1.5 years ago, the first thing my rheumy wanted to prescribe was anti depressants and I told him that I don't need those, because I am not depressed, but in alot of pain. He told me that in no time at all, I'll be begging him for those pills. Today 1.5 years later, I am still not depressed and I can handle my pain pretty well. Just like everybody else, I have good days and bad days. Not everybody is or gets depressed, but the docs just like to shut us up, with the " I don't give a sh.. pills".

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by red246 View Post
    So much of what you said is my life already! I really don't care that the house is not spotless. I just hate it when it gets to the point that I can't find anything/can't walk into a room w/out stepping over stuff.

The other year when all this started I was beginning to wonder if it was all in my head. Then I got sick again this year and found out that it wasn't! Even though I may not have an "official" diagnosis yet, I do know that there is something going on. I just have to keep looking for the doctor who will finally give me more than a vague "something autoimmune".

Thank you all for the support! It helps knowing that there are other people out there that have/are "been there done that"!
    Look sister, don't steal my thunder! I been working on my laundry mountain a lot longer than you! I even have accomplished TWIN PEAKS! yep that's right....uh huh...thats right

ps. the underware always make their way to the bottom. I think the tops have it out for them. (uh oh did I actually lose my mind and only think I am sane) lol
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Debbie - Couldn't agree more!

Not to go off topic, but who got the smilies on this site? I was lmao looking at some of them! I better make sure my boys aren't around if I ever use some of them - definitely not for younger eyes! Not complaining- they are hilarious!
    Lauren