Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am just so tired

Thanks

Default I am just so tired

Hello all. I am just needing to vent tonight. I am so tired, I dont think i have ever been this tired. I went to see my dr a few weeks ago and they put me back on planquil they had taken me off of it because i had broke out so they are hoping this time it will work. They also sent me to an eye dr for my dry eyes, which the eye dr said i have cronic dry eyes. And thinks its is caused by the inflammation in my body. All of my teeth are going bad and my mouth is so dry. I really just dont know what to do next. I have raynauds, psoriasis (which seems to get worse on the planquil) i have hashimoto's and graves disease. and right now connective tissue disease (until they figure out whats going on) it is all i can do to stay awake at work and to clean my house is a major ordeal. Today at work my legs hurt so bad and i constantly have stomach pains. I just dont know what to do. My dr's seem supportive enough they just dont have the answers i want. I go see them every 3 months and they just say they need to watch me closely. I am 39yrs old and feel like i am 90.
    thanks for listening tiff

Thanks

Sounds like you might also have Sjogren's Syndrome, due to chronic dry eyes/mouth and dental issues.

You are not alone with the fatigue-unfortunately.

Thanks

my dr said that i tested negative for that but also said that doesnt mean i dont have it. so i may have them test me again

Thanks

Hi Tiffany..Hugs..

Fatigue, exhaustion is hard to tackle..it is like taking a deep breath but yet not getting enough air...

But do stretch daily to get the oxygen to your muscles to keep they alive and feeling better...even it is standing on your tippy toes and reaching for the sky a few times a day....go ahead do one right now..Stand up and stretch, reach, reach....

A few things you can do for your gritty eyes..I call them potato chip eyes. I have Sjogren's too. I used Restasis, prescription..like an oily lube...

There are OTC eye refreshers, check them out...I keep Refresh Tears by Allergen in my purse...

Mouth....for home remedies you can start by drinking lots of fluids, particularly water.... Lemon juice in water may help stimulate salivary flow. Sugarless gum or hard candies..I use Ricola or Halls sugar free.

Because the risk of dental cavities increases with Sjogren's syndrome or just an undiagnosed dry mouth, you.... reduce your overall sugar intake, especially between meals.

Brush your teeth after every meal and schedule regular dental appointments to protect against cavities.

Also you may want to use fluoride and antimicrobial mouthwashes.

I used to use artificial saliva products, but to me if felt like I was using PAM...

Have you had an upper endoscopy for your stomach pains. Ulcers? GERD? Food allergies?

Are you keeping a log to see if there is any association with what you are eating, perhaps stressing over?

Are you sleeping at the same time. Taking your prescription at the same time. Eating fresh whole foods and not processed. Avoiding sugar...all which can cause an increase in our already fatigued bodies?

Maybe consider an anti-inflammatory diet...

Just some things to consider...may help...

Sleep well and I hope tomorrow you find relief...
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Default Sjorgens

Tiffani I am sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time. I have also experienced some of your same symptoms. Have you been tested for Sjorgens? Go online and look up Sjorgens and see if you have some of the same symptoms and if so ask your Dr about it.

Thanks

Aww, Hi Tiff! Sorry you feel bad. Im with Oluwa on the keeping the "tear" drops in your purse. My dr has me take them 3-4 times a day and it HELPS tremendously! My eyes are BAD if i dont use them. DRY inside AND out. I know this sounds silly but boy does it WORK! Put Crisco around your eyes, tap it in dont rub it. My eyes are so moist now! It helps to hide the "fine lines that come with being 36 too! LOL Its a cheap cure too! It lasts almost all day! I hope you give it a try!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Hey Lucky...Crisco? I have never heard of that...sounds intriguing, though...do you put it like close enough to be on the tear duct? That is where it drives me the craziest(at least on the outside)
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Smile

Hi sickntired! Yeah, Crisco, funny huh! Actually i now use SMART BALANCE shortening with Omega 3's in it! Its even Better! I put it on the skin around my eyes,it helps the dryness,the redness And it stops the itch, its even used in hospitals for skin rashes!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Jeanette, you're a hoot. CRISCO??? Gotta try it. Wonder if it will work as well on 56 year old eyes.

Tiffany, you've got so much going on right now, no wonder you'reso horridly fatigued! Many years before my lupus dx, I went through about 18 months of non-graves hyperthyroid. People used to say "oh, you're thyroid's fast? Shouldn't that give you lots of energy and you can eat anything right?" WRONG. (as you well know) The fatigue was grinding. Different than lupus fatigue, but grinding all the same. I hope you get the thyroid under control quickly - I know it can be tricky.

Oluwa's given you such wonderful information about the dry eye and dry mouth.... I found a toothpaste at TraderJoe's that has fennel, propolis and myrrh in it. While I have no idea what propolis is, I knew that myrrh was a healing substance, and that fennel can be as well. It has made a difference in my somewhat dry mouth, and tastes good....a nice side effect. After I GENTLY brush with an "extra soft" brush (think one you'd use with a baby), I swish the foam in my mouth a bit.

Gentle hugs, dear, and some peaceful rest -
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Hi Hatlady! Yeah, CRISCO! LOL It will work on you im sure, if Hospitals use it then im thinking there's something to it! I LOVE it, my eyes stay moist and the lines aren't as noticeable, and the redness is gone, at the end of the day its still there too! It sticks to your insides, so it makes sense that it would stick to your outsides as well! LOL I also put a papaya-honey mix around my eyes first for 15mins then i rinse it off. The acids in it will naturally exfoliate away the lines while the honey seals in the moisture! Healthy foods for the inside of us AND the outside too! Makes sense to me!