Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oprah Show on MS

Thanks

Default Oprah Show on MS

Oprah has Montel on today...topic MS...living with a life threatening disease. check it out..

Maybe with her being friends with the First Lady, her father having MS and this show...maybe it will bring MS, Lupus in the forefront and be the topic for public awareness this year..
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oluwa,

Yes lets hope! I'll go n look.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

It is also about other people, well known who are living emotionally, coping with a life threatening disease.

I see me in them..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes, very powerful interview and yes......i saw me.....yet i have M.E.

Just shows how very strong we all are on here on WHL. Even though it does'nt feel that way....all of you are!

Lets hope the word gets to the top and the help finally gets out to all those in need.

Thanks.
    Angel.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up, Oluwa. I'm not usually home in time to watch Oprah but had taken time off work because of another low blood pressure incident

I am so glad I didn't miss this episode. I think the best thing was that Superman watched it with me. I think he finally realizes how hard it was for me to go to the rheumy by myself when I received the diagnosis of SLE and SjS. I was so saddened by the diagnosis, but I think I was more troubled by the fact that he wasn't there to support me.

I know that Oprah is also shown later tonight and I'll try to find it so I can TiVO this episode.

I would have never known about today's episode if you hadn't posted about it on WHL. Thank you Oluwa.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Thanks Oluwa,

I caught the late night replay of the show last night. Like the others, I would have missed it if you hadn't brought it up. Thank you!

Rob

Thanks

You're welcome....though it wasn't in depth about the physical ailments of the disease/s but the anguish they cause emotionally. And that there are coping skills...I know we all have felt or are feeling despair that we could implement coping skills into our lives....

I was thinking about purchasing Montel's book..not so much for the eating section, but the emotional side..living with it. I struggle with that aspect of the disease greatly. The pain and the word indefinite when it comes to illnesses...it hurts my mind and spirit and I find myself in the stupid hole...

I am open to an healthy and exercise regimen....so I am a bit interested in reading that...

I'll let you know if I order it...or if I find some other....

Loves and hugs,
    Oluwa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Oluwa,

I just ordered Montel's book from my local book store. Like you, I'm more interested in reading about the emotional aspects and living with a chronic illness. I'll give you a quick review when I get it and dig into it a bit.

Rob

Thanks

I wasn't able to catch it, but might purchase montel's book.

I find it really interesting how many actors have ms...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

rob Id liken to hear your review on the book. K
    Kasey
    aka SuperNoodle

I am a Lupie Lethologica Goofy Groupie

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Wife to my HubbyMan and Mom to a Multitude! Lovin' my sweet pup Ellie!
    Come visit our new store, www.hayleystreasures.com