Thread: Hospital Trip Tomorrow

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Hospital Trip Tomorrow

I have to go to the hospital for what should be a simple uncomplicated "bleeding" as we with HH call it. Since I was first diagnosed in 1994 with HH, (iron overload) I have had over 60 units of blood removed. Sometimes it turns into a nightmare. Usually is goes smooth as can be.

When I have them at a Community Blood Bank I don't have too many complications. My veins have been blown out by an improper suctioning technique which makes it hard for newby phlebotomists to get a line in. I have had bad experiences at the local hospital in the past. One time A very stinky nurse with crusted over open wounds on her hands came at me with a needle and NO gloves on! Supposedly they have improved quality but many locals still go elsewhere.

The blood bank closed so this is the closest option for me. I am afraid of airborn bugs. OMG I am talking myself out of this..lol The other option is an hour drive down the mountain, city driving, and an hour back...I get sick with virus at least 50% of the time when I leave the house.

I would appreciate your prayers for guidance and your opinions.

Blessings
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Thanks

Yes...prayer is in order...I am praying right now for you...sending concerned but loving thoughts your way.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Ugggh! I can't even imagine having to have that done -

Praying for you to know what to do and for your well-being no matter what option you go with.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I am thinking of you right now and sending you gentle hugs.

love
    Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mama hobbit View Post
    Ugggh! I can't even imagine having to have that done -

Praying for you to know what to do and for your well-being no matter what option you go with.
    LOL it freaked me out at the beginning. It really isn't that bad when everything goes as it should.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'll check back in when I get home.

Love to you all,
    Ayah

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

good luck....
    I know u wont read this till u come back but it's the thoughts that are with you that count...
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well that isn't going to work out. What a mess! The hospital is "new at this" which seems to be the excuse for incompetence. First they send me to the emergency room which was full of sick people. I was very uncomfortable, concerned about getting a virus. You guys know what it's like. Get a cold virus and end up on a extra round of drugs when it turns into a major problem.

I tell the person regestering me I can not be with all these sick peolple. She says wait (with the sick people) and I'll call the phlebotomy room. I stand as far away as possible while people gawk at the weird lady in the Star Trek vest lol...

Then the theraputic phlebotomy lady comes (the one who takes the unit), I explain my problem. She said she could get me a mask but I will have to wait at least an hour with all the sick people until the regular phleb person draws me for a blood test, which is only necessary because they do not have the little hematocrit tester, how freaking hard is it for them to get one?

I ask her if I can go into the phlebotomy room and wait there for the reg phleb. She says no because then the phleb will have to walk all that way to draw me. So I'm thinking, and does she have legs? A wheelchair if not? Can she not find her way? WHAT THE....! There was a lady carrying a cup of pee, OMG..it was nasty. So I left and decided to come to Watercanyon. So I told the theraputic plebber this was not going to work for me.

Shed a few tears on the way over here just from the stress of it all. When I get home I'll make an appointment to go down the mountain for my theraputic phleb.

I'm sipping an Itallian soda listening to calm alternative music. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.
    Ayah

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

what a mess that was then ....

well chin up....
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Thanks

Of all the incompetent, uncaring, shoddy... !! I'm so sorry, new friend. Praying things go better at the other place. That hospital should not be allowed to "offer" such complex services if they can't do it right!