Thread: Lupus or lyme ?

Thanks

Default Lupus or lyme ?

Ive read about some very close connections to the 2 and im curious about what you guys think .

Some of my symptoms that come and go are tremors, dizziness, headaches back of the neck, rashes blotch never raised or itchy, constipation, ringing in the ears, brain fog, sore joints, disrupted sleeping patterns, pain near and under my ribs, painful lymph nodes under chin and armpits , general itchyness, mouth ulcers pattern like the way they would come and go.Malar rash that will fully bloom later in the day cover my checks are starts to creep up to my forehead. Flank pain intermittently .

Some of my lab findings

Ana's always negative never had a positive.
    C3 serum - 109 , range 90-180
    C4 serum - 23 , range 16-47
    DNA DS antibody <1 negative
    Sjorgens antibody negative <1.0
    SSDna antibody negative <69
    CH50 panel - 55 range 31-66
    My only flagged panel which i cant find any info on here about is through quest a c3d circulating immune complex panel im 50 range is 0-8 which draws some attention no one can really explain what this means .

About 2-3 years I tested positive for lyme disease and was treated and recently im having a flare up of the symptoms about but because of this in bloom malar rash im questioning lupus .

Let me know what you guys think im so sorry to make it so long but i tried to sum it all up . .I appreciate any help

Thanks

Hey Lupus88,

So sorry to hear that you are feeling so ill...this is a puzzler....I am not able to speak to the specific c3d test but for the Immune complex tests in general...something you may already know, so if I am stating the obvious...sorry..

Because this test is requested when the physician suspects that a patient's immune system is not functioning properly.

Immune complexes are normally not detected in the blood. However, when immune complexes are produced faster than they can be cleared by the system, immune complex disease may occur. Examples of such disorders are drug sensitivity, rheumatoid arthritis, and a disease called systemic lupus erythematosus, or SLE.

I hope that this helps a little...I did see where they used it to see if one had chronic lyme disease, also...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

yea it helps a little , so it can be consistent with lupus then this hasnt gotten to many replies I hope you guys arent stumped

Thanks

Hi Lupus 88,

I am puzzled with SNT. The one to really possibly answer this is Saysusie. Maybe she will pop in and give us more info.

Welcome and hang in there.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Hey Lupus88,

I googled the test and couldn't get much...I know that is probably what you did, too. I tried so many combinations, and it just came up as that is one of the immune complex kind of tests and not a specific one. The fact that it is high should mean the doctor is watching...
    BTW..Saysusie is on vacation until around the end of the month..
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Hey there - I just wanted to say that I have had very extensive lyme treatments and a lot of knowledge...so feel free to ask me anything anytime.

First thing that I notice is that should have been a CD57 test - not CD50. Was is a typo?? CD57 is an indicator of natural killer cell dysfunction and anything less than 60 is suspect for active Lyme. So far CD57 is the only surface protein to be linked to Lyme and not anything else. But most docs say that it is still research based and not standard testing yet.

I have suffered from Lupus for 4 years and only found out about it in the last 6 months or so...the rest of the time I thought I had a million things, including lyme. I even was treated with IV antibiotics for Lyme (my CD57 was like in the low 20's at one point). But even after all that treatment - I feel no better than before it, and it's just the lupus.

I can also say this. Lupus can be there all the while and not show up yet in your tests. For me, it was like this. Picture a line across the middle of an X and Y axis of a graph. That line is the threshold for a 'postive' lupus ANA test. Well for years, your result could be up off the bottom but not cross that line yet lingering somewhere between negative and positive. That's how my doctor explained it to me. One day, my tests crossed the line and finally i got my diagnosis....(actually they crossed much sooner than I knew. I switched doctors and he found it in my chart from the old doctor!!!! That made me angry!)

Anyway - let me know if I can help on anything....
    Diagnosed with: Lupus, Hashimoto's Thryroiditis, Hypercoaguable State (2 DVT's)
    I have a hard time taking my medications regularly and I am working on getting better at that!

Thanks

I am a Lyme patient as well as APA (antiphospholipid syndrome) as well as a 'lupus suspect' as described above....

I am not certain what that test is either but I too am being followed very closely for possible future diagnosis of lupus.

The symptoms you describe are mine almost to a T! I hate the tremors the most, well the fog brain too. It comes and goes and makes me feel so stupid and forget some common things I should know such as kids names at times!

I am really exhausted a lot, but anemic at the moment from the aspirin I am currently taking and fibroids that cause me to bleed excessively and periods every 2-3 weeks. Tomorrow is the appt with OB/GYN to discuss possible hysterectomy to help as they want me on coumadin and there is no way I can take it now, I would bleed to death probably!

It is hard to tell what is causing what symptom I am having and I am starting to wonder if there is a connection with chronic lyme and autoimmune diseases.

Have they tested you for Anticardiolipin to see if you have this blood clotting component?
    Krissy in New Hampshire

DX: Antiphospholipid syndrome, Raynauds, Lyme disease, and lupus "suspect"