Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how do YOU know a flare is coming?

Thanks

Default how do YOU know a flare is coming?

I would like to know, how you guys know when you are about to have a flare.
    With me, it mostly starts with diarrhea, hair loss, nausea, incredible joint and muscle pain, painful skin, bad brain fog, headaches and fatigue. Does everybody experience the same?

Debbie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

My signs are usually a terrible headache that lasts for days, then I start to feel the muscle and joint pains, nausea, fatigue that encompasses me and then it just goes rapidly downhill from there!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Debbie!

Just wanted to add that you sound pretty much like the way i start out. The severity just depends on how much i pushed it or just exactly how stressed out i got and for how long. I noticed sometimes if i feel it coming on, if i stop and lay down to nap it will sometimes subside. Just depends. My bodys all over the place these days!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The hardest part is that, often, flares just come out of nowhere! I can deal with a flare when I know I've done something wrong (like push myself, not take care of myself, go out in the sun etc.). But the flares that just show up are usually the ones that last the longest and that are the most severe. Those flares (actually like the one I've been in now for almost 2 months) make me so depressed sometimes because I just don't understand them

At any rate...My sweet hubby always manages to take me away somewhere so that I can completely rest. So, we are on our way today for a week of zero activities for Saysusie. The sad part is, it seems that he has to do this more and more often and that is becoming a concern for both of us. Oh Well

Makes you crazy doesn't it????

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

AWww, Hi Saysusie!

Your husband sounds great! What a sweetie! Sorry youve been in a bad flare for so long now. Thats hard. Yeah, i agree with the fact that the worst is when it pops up on you out of nowhere. I pretty much know my triggers but i get confused when it "just happens".

Sounds like youre going to get some well deserved rest and i hope you kick this one SOON!!!!!!
    HUGS!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Debbie,
    Since I have reflux and problems with my stomach it is hard to tell. But I then will get a huge amount of pain, dizziness, bone crushing fatigue....The one I am in now, actually started with coughing...very out of the blue. Felt fine up till then...but this one is one of the worst kind.

I agree with Saysusie...the worst flares are the ones that broadside you when you least expect it...I personally would like to know what caused those so not to do it again.The ones where I push myself might last a few days or a week or two at the most but the others...I also am in one that i have been in since New years day
    Ready for it to be over, now.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to our group. For me, I get terrible mouth sores, ones that make it painful to eat anything solid. I lose my appetite, nothing tastes good. I suddenly feel like I've had a lead blanket thrown over me, and everyday tasks become very difficult, confusing, and I get frustrated at the drop of the hat. Cognitive dysfunction, or "brain fog", is one of my worst symptoms, and my flares always start with mental confusion. Not much fun. Eventually, the joint pain comes, and the fatigue is opressive. My flares are fairly predictable. Most times anyway. Sometimes new, odd symptoms happen, and I just add them to the list.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi debbie,

my flares start with my hands hurting, extremely hot, swelling, and redness. I also have a problem with being irritable, and easily agitated. I then get hit with fatigue, joint pain, and down hill from there.

interesting thread...thanks for starting it.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I always feel like I'm coming down with the flu

Thanks

For me, it's the extreme fatigue that hits me even when I do very little and when everything is more of an effort than usual. The muscle and joint pain get worse, and often show up in new places. My legs and arms feel like I have weights attached to them. Emotionally, I get more sensitive and react more strongly to events I would usually be able to ignore. And the brain fog, too, when I can't remember the names of people or things right in front of me, and all I want to do is curl up and hibernate for a while, and shut the world out.