Thread: Renew Life Total Kidney Cleanse

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question Renew Life Total Kidney Cleanse

Hey everyone!

Being one of many lupus patients with nephritis, I decided to start doing a little internet googling for some natural kidney treatments.

Have any of you heard of (or tried) Renew Life Total Kidney Cleanse? It's a type of probiotics, here's the link: http://www.renewlife.com/products/to...y-cleanse.aspx

I'm always looking for natural remedies to go along with my prescription meds, and this one seems promising, especially since I've heard so many wonderful things about probiotics in general.
    23 year old clinical psychology grad student with lupus (SLE) and nephritis
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Lisinopril, Lipitor, OsCal+D

Thanks

Hey Tasha,

I have heard of it, but never really studied the program. I would caution you on trying anything without first checking with the doctor. It can be dangerous...we have all these medications and such...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

To reiterate what SicknTired said.....please check with your doctor first. There are so many herbal remedies and/or homeopathic treatments that can cause our Lupus to flare and we are especially cautioned about ANY cleansing treatments. So, speak to your doctor before you try this, please!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i actually already asked the rheumy about probiotics in general and she said it was fine... so i doubt this one would be any different! you both are right though, i will definitely ask before trying

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are also right about Pro-biotics by themselves. My rheumy actually suggested that I take them but cautioned me not to do ANY type of cleansing program.

NOTE: I've found that, because we are so prone to infections and have to take anti-biotics so often, that we develop excess mucous and many of us suffer from chronic post-nasal drip and issues of that sort. The pro-biotics have actually helped me a bit in that area. Not sure if there is a true connection, but it has helped me

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    You are also right about Pro-biotics by themselves. My rheumy actually suggested that I take them but cautioned me not to do ANY type of cleansing program.

NOTE: I've found that, because we are so prone to infections and have to take anti-biotics so often, that we develop excess mucous and many of us suffer from chronic post-nasal drip and issues of that sort. The pro-biotics have actually helped me a bit in that area. Not sure if there is a true connection, but it has helped me

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    I'm glad you've had success with probiotics! I just started taking them about a week ago because I heard so many good things about it. So I hope they work for me too. I just happened to come across the kidney cleanse in the little pamphlet inside the box I had and it caught my interest. I'm going to bring it in with me at my next rheumy appointment and see what she says.