Thread: Savella for FMS

Thanks

Default Savella for FMS

Has anyone been prescribed Savella, a new drug approved by the FDA for Fibromyalgia...

If so,..opinions? Do share...Yea or nay?

My Rheumba..is planning to prescribe this for me....

Thanks much.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

doh...Oh, disregard..I just did a Net search. It was expected to be on the market this month, but has been delayed till May....

Now what drug will he prescribed...hummm...

Thanks though..
    Love,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Hi Oluwa,

hmmm, I am curious too. Let me know. My friend tried Lyrica and was sick as a dog nonstop. I am staying away from it.

My rheumy rx'd Clonazapam (generic for Kloponin) .5, and then added Zanaflex (tizanidine-generic) 4 mg. The Zanaflex has helped at night and the clonazapam helps with relaxation and nerve damage in the feet from fibro. I just wanted to run that by you.

How have you been? Any flowers blooming? My gerbers and geraniums are blooming. Hugs and talk to you soon.

God Bless,

Faith

Thanks

I would love to say I am doing wonderful, Faith..but I can say I am doing better than I was a few days ago, and even better than a month ago. Maybe I am reaching for a calm...flare free...

Lyrica..I too was on that last year. I stopped and cripes I can't recall why..I must have felt awful on it too..

When I was diagnose with FMS, I never gave it much of my mind..thought the doctor was reaching. Lupus is always forefront...

But this doosie of a flare, whatever the origin, diagnose..it doesn't matter I just want it to leave.

My daffodils and crocuses...are blooming, some spent. Gerbers another of my favorite. They say they do well in this area, but mine have never had such luck. I find the temperature heat drains the life out of them and I am left with dead plants. A annual in my yard.

My spring Camellias opened too...the grass is peeking through what feels like hay, last years grass. In Seattle, the grass was all year round.

With all this brown, dead and dormant plant life..it was a gloomy winter for me. With the world budding again..so has my spirit. Opened windows...sunshine...fresh air..oolala...

Spring is here...

Hugs...love,
    Oluwa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi oluwa and faith,

i too was on lyrica, felt really weird, tried to come off with dr. help, but he said stay on (he was a pill pusher-no longer see him). I took myself off and never looked back. Made me feel like i was having a stroke or something....just made me feel different that me.

i don't take anything for fms....just pain meds when needed. All my meds are for lupus and heart stuff.

Oluwa, i too was first diagnosed with fms, but the entire time we felt like there was something else, probably lupus.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Just to say yes i too was on Lyrica, Tramadol n Amitypline when i was in hospital.Recently felt so bad i stopped all 3. Massive migrane, water infection and could'nt wee, massive palpatations and numbness. I felt so drugged up as i am other meds on top of these plus sleepers.....i stopped them.Did more harm than good to me...but i know they CAN work for some.

Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Okay, who took it...What happened to my post....hummm..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Erm......i think it was me.......... sorry.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

hey Oluwa...Good news...I found your post...It isn't lost anymore.

Savella...hmmm...maybe it will be the drug that really helps...I just looked it up and the site I was on said that it should be available in March...so perhaps you will be able to take it soon. The side affects seem typical...nausia being the most common..most of my meds do that to me.
    I can't take lyrica, either...yuch...
    Well, girl, let me know when you are on it if it really helps you...sure would be great if you finally go into remission.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost