Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie to the forums and to the world of lupus...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talking newbie to the forums and to the world of lupus...

Hello everyone,

My name is Tasha and I'm 23. I was diagnosed with SLE about 3 months ago. I also have Class III Lupus Nephritis (which was diagnosed about a month ago after my renal biopsy). I'm currently taking 30mg of prednisone, 400mg of plaquenil, and 2,000mg of cellcept. I honestly feel fine most of the time aside from the horrible side effects of the prednisone that I've been experiencing: extreme water retention, trouble sleeping, and muscle weakness.

I feel as though I have a pretty positive outlook on the whole thing. Everyone has challenges, and they make us who we are. Even though I can't do some of the things I was able to do even a year ago (like go on long hikes, for example), I still try to make the best of the situation.

A little about me that has nothing to do with lupus... I'm currently a graduate student studying to be a marriage and family therapist in Southern California. I have a year and a half left of the program before I can become a registered intern in the state, during which time I'll be working hard to complete the necessary required hours for state licensure. After I graduate I plan on taking off for a bit before getting into the grind of life. I want to see the world

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi,

Wow and well done you. How busy are you going to be when you pass fantastic!!

My name is Angel. I will tell you about me another time.I am 39 live in the cold n rainy UK and i am so glad you found this site. People here are so full of knowledge about Lupus and will help where ever they can and are such lovely people.

Have a look round the site.....oh n watch the arcade...a bit addictive but so much fun. If you need any help...you know we are all here.xxx

Welcome!!!

love
    Angel.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi tasha,

welcome to the group. I hope youf find comfort and confidence from your visits to the forum. Congrats on your degree....also, congrats on your commitment to "see the world".

phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Welcome Tasha from another Cali-Girl! This is a fabulous group with so much wisdom and support to share.

Thanks

Welcome Tasha,

I live in central/southern California and make the routine 2 hour trip over the Grapevine to my rheumy every three months.

You have a very positive outlook!! That is great as it is half of the battle. There is another therapist that frequents the website as well; that may be why you are able to cope so well. I wish you the very best and keep us updated.

Take care,

Faith

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Faith, how long have you been diagnosed? Since I'm so new to this I decided, yesterday actually, to make an appointment with the rheumatology team over at UCLA just to see what they have to say. They're supposed to be the best! I figure it can't hurt, even though I do really like my rheumatologist who is just 10 mins from my house

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Red face Hello and Welcome Tasha

I am Saysusie, the moderator/administrator of this site. I am so glad that you joined us and happy to hear that your Lupus is not causing you severe problems. The side effects of Prednisone can be a bit overwhelming, but it sounds as if you are dealing with that well.
    I am also in SoCal not far from LA County. I am in San Bernardino County

Just wanted to add my welcome to the ones you've already received and to let you know that you've come to the right place to be amongst people who are understanding, caring and filled with useful information.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talking

just a little hello tash i'm heidi!! its great to vertually meet you!!
    you have such a greart view on life something i try hard to do and sucessful most of the time!! good luck with you studies i am studing to be an accoutant
    at the momwnt! well enjoy, i got feeling your settle in well!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i am actually in southern OC (Lake Forest to be exact). so not too far away!

yeah, i feel very lucky to not have any severe problems right now. my biggest problem is the kidneys... but fortunately the inflammation has not caused any dysfunction or noticable side effects yet. still, i'm hoping the cellcept starts to kick in soon! my nephrologist said quite often those with class III nephritis never see it progress to later stages... so that's what i'm hoping for!
    23 year old clinical psychology grad student with lupus (SLE) and nephritis
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Lisinopril, Lipitor, OsCal+D

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, you are rather close

I, too, hope that your nephritis never escalates. The chances are pretty good that it won't since you are already on a treatment regimen.
    Continue to take care of yourself the way that you have been and you will, hopefully, not see escalation of any of your symptoms. That is what we all strive for and, of course, we all want to achieve remission.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!