Thread: almost died when i was born

Thanks

Exclamation almost died when i was born

I dont know if anyone can help me with this question but my dad JUST told me the other day that i was in the hospital for a coulple of weeks because my jaundis was so bad. He was crying and he said he and my mother didnt want to tell me because they didnt want to worry me. He said he thought i should know just in case it means something to the dr. about my illness. I guess they couldnt get my eyes and skin to a healthy color,i stayed very yellow he said for a lengthy period of time.

I dont know if it means anything, i was just curious about your thoughts and opinions! Thanks!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

hey

I am not sure that it wud have anything to do with ur Lupus now but then again u never know....

just thought I give u the heads up....
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Thanks

Smile

Newborns make more bilirubin than adults do since they have more turnover of red blood cells.
    A newborn baby's still-developing liver may not yet be able to remove adequate bilirubin from the blood.
    Too large an amount of bilirubin is reabsorbed from the intestines before the baby gets rid of it in the stool.
    High levels of bilirubin usually above 25 mg can cause deafness, cerebral palsy, or other forms of brain damage in some babies. In less common cases, jaundice may indicate the presence of another condition, such as an infection or a thyroid problem. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that all infants should be examined for jaundice within a few days of birth.

Not sure if this has anything to do with your present condition, but this is what jaundice in infants means...usually the immature liver catches up and takes over its function...the baby is only under the biliruben light for a little while.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Well,

From a clinical standpoint, I don't know what, if anything, this means in relation to your current symptoms. This is way outside of my area of knowledge. But, from a personal point of view, I'd say that if you were tough enough to get past this problem at such an early age, then you can certainly deal with Lupus and all it has to throw at you.
    Last edited by rob; 03-08-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Thanks

Thank you everyone!

That was nice to hear Rob, I appreciate that! It just gave me a little boost of energy! I needed it to cuz im having a very brain foggy day today. Cant seem to kick it. I dont think the time change helps any though!

Very imformative information! Just didnt know much about it but now i have some knowledge on it! Its so hard to say what happens from the time of conception through our lifetime that can effect our health. I do wonder though if it could have caused my "dizzy spells" ive had my WHOLE LIFE. HMMMMMMM?

Nice to hear from you Tobyjug! Hope all is well!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette