Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for something positive.

Thanks

Default looking for something positive.

Anything at all...is there no damn hope at all?
    Sorry for posting so much in the last week. Just things keep changing.
    My daughters condition has worsened and she has difficulty taking deep breaths plus many other things, kidneys etc. Dr. today even with perfect blood work (I already shared you with all the results)anti DNA all of it. Said she is certain it is Lupus. I was hoping for a miracle, back to being an Atheist. I was hoping it would be a mild case, so much for that. Now I am just looking for hope. Is there no hope on the horizon? What an evil illness. I am full of hate and sadness.
    my last post, I'm getting redundant.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi silent

DO NOT GIVE UP. your daughter might be in a bad flare, and they will probably be able to get her out of it. When they get her out of it, she will probably have some very good time, and maybe remission. Mine did for 10 years.

Tell her to ask her dr. about a Medrol injection. I had to get another yesterday, and already feel better. Not my choice for long term treatment, but at least now i can think and function.

You know i am here,
    phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

They are starting her on plaquenil tuesday.

Thanks

Hang in there. Please keep in mind Plaquenil takes 3-6 months to build up in the system. I have been very lucky so far. I have been on Plaquenil for almost 3 years and take Kenalog shots when in a flare. I would rather do this and then be on methotrexate. You had mentioned her kidneys, have they talked about Cellcept at all? Just curious.

God Bless,

Faith

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

just wanted to give u a chin up.......

there is always hope.....

I always say the worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Thanks

Hi Silent...

Yep, there is hope....if there wasn't, where would I, we be. My hopes can be as little as a better day tomorrow. We appreciate the things that most people take for granted.

There is no cure for Lupus...so we, I hope for small things.

I am blessed even when I feel I am not...

Know when your daughter starts dosing with the Plaquenil she may experience headaches and nausea...

What is happening with her kidneys...UTI, spilling protein, Lupus nephritis...have they prescribed anything else beside Plaquenil? Cellcept? Steroids?...

Don't give up, your daughter needs your strength...

Hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Thank you for the reply.
    She has lower back pain she feels is kidney but all her tests are normal. I fear if she losing school she will become very depressed. She has fought the odds to even me in medical school.
    So far just Plaquenil and a anti-inflammatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Oluwa View Post
    Hi Silent...

Yep, there is hope....if there wasn't, where would I, we be. My hopes can be as little as a better day tomorrow. We appreciate the things that most people take for granted.

There is no cure for Lupus...so we, I hope for small things.

I am blessed even when I feel I am not...

Know when your daughter starts dosing with the Plaquenil she may experience headaches and nausea...

What is happening with her kidneys...UTI, spilling protein, Lupus nephritis...have they prescribed anything else beside Plaquenil? Cellcept? Steroids?...

Don't give up, your daughter needs your strength...

Hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Hi Silent..you're welcome.

I failed to add to my prior post, the headaches and nausea will subside within a week or so when starting Plaquenil....

Please read this article on kidneys and Lupus...symptoms...follow the link. It contains 5 pages...

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...=100&zoneid=17

Pass the information to your daughter....

Have you invited your daughter to join this forum too....she may find it a nice addition to her already loving support from you. Where there are people who are living with Lupus and all its symptoms. Might be an added comfort to see how many live full lives...how we cope, and hope...

We have several women who are obtaining degrees, graduating...from college, universities and high school....

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Silentscream,

Plaquenil is well tolerated, and can be quite effective. Many people respond very well to the drug. It may take time, but this drug could very well turn things around for your daughter. Have hope.

Rob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Silentscream,

Plaquenil is well tolerated, and can be quite effective. Many people respond very well to the drug. It may take time, but this drug could very well turn things around for your daughter. Have hope.

Rob
    Thank you Rob, I needed that bit of hope