My name is Deb, and I have been diagnosed with SLE, RA, and Fibromyalgia for about 10 years now. I only now am figuring out that all these things that constantly go wrong with me physically and yes, sometimes mentally, are all contributed to the lupus "thing". Thank God I found this site! I have felt so alone for so long and now I read about each one of you and say, "Wow!, that sounds just like me!" I try not to dwell on the negative and the pains, and try to be upbeat most of the time... which is kinda hard work. But I would love to hear from every one and I am a great nonjudgemental listener! I am married to a wonderful man who does his best to understand but just doesn't quite get it and I have a daughter in middle school who is a handful all by herself!
I wish everyone here health and happiness, but most of all hope!
I do have one question though....how in the world do you get to see a rheumatologist? They are few and far between here, and whenever I try to get an appointment it is 11-14months in the future. How ridiculous!
I just see my regular family doctor, and he treats per ailment, it works, I suppose. Anyway, let me know how you find these rare rheumys!
Talk to you soon....
Deb