Thread: Hi, I'm Liz and my son has lupus, raynauds and more

Thanks

Default Hi, I'm Liz and my son has lupus, raynauds and more

hi all my 28 year old son was diagnosed 2 months ago with connective tissue disease as well as raynaud's, myositis, and rheum. arthritis and he's still being tested for other disease's and I 'm so overwhelmed and I feel so helpless and I know I need help, but not sure where to start? Any and all thoughts are appreciated!! Thanks!! :cry:

Thanks

Hi there and welcome. I am so sorry your son is having so many health issues right now. My advice to you, other than coming here , is just be supportive and LISTEN!!! I think all of us here would love to have a parent that just listened when we need to vent our frustrations. Sometimes it does make us feel better to just get it out. Research always helps of course, and thankfully there are many medical websites with a lot of information these days so if you have the time I think it would help for you to read up on what he is going through. It won't help you take away his illness or feel his pain, etc. but I bet it would mean the world to him to know you took the time to do that so you could understand what he's dealing with. I know it would me.
    {{{HUG}}}

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Chefflizz: :lol:
    I just want to "ditto" what TracyDawn said as it was excellent advice!! Having support, understanding, patience, comfort from those we love means much more to us than medications!! It helps to alleviate stress, anxiety and depression which only serves to aggravate our condition.
    TracyDawn was right on track with the advice she provided!!
    Welcome to our forum and our family. We will be here whenever you need us to provide both you and your son with support, comfort, information and especially to let you know that You Are Not Alone!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie