Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Disability benefits and VA

Thanks

Ok I wont worry about your asthma. I just wont tell you when I do.

Lisa was a gift from God to me. Long story. It will be 28 years next month that she has had to put up with me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default ah

Ah wow....fab You doing anything nice to celebrate? Can i ask...what asthma meds is Lisa on?

Thanks

At the moment she is not on anything. We have albuteral nebulizer (sp on both). Her prescription ran out for singular and I can't get her to go to the doctor. As long as her breathing is good I don't push the issue. I do worry because I have almost lost her more than once.

What I have done is figure out everything that cause her to have an asthma attack. One of the major ones is cats and she loves cats. We don't have any anymore. The live oak tree at different times of the year will set off an attack. It could be something small in the house that will trigger an attack. Stress is another one. This one I worry about now that I have Lupus. I encourage her to do the things she like. She took up quilting a couple of months ago with some lady friends that we only see once a year. Now she quilts for everyone in the family. She makes stuff and give it away. This makes her happy and I think it is helping with the asthma. Right now she has a job, part time, that she loves and I think that this is really helping her.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no doctor. I just try to figure out what is causing the problem. I guess it comes from working with livestock and they can't talk to you. You have to figure out what is happening to them on your own and how to treat them.

We will be with friends having shrimp, crabs and bar-b-q ribs. It will be a fun evening. Crazy bunch a sailors.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh what a lovely time you will have.Mmmmm mouths watering now

Lisa seems to have the same allergies as me. Does she carry a Ventolin with her at all times? If not id recommend it. I am so glad she has it under control now.I also found out im allergic to cats....i have 2.The Doctor asked me how old they were.Soosie is 16 and my baby Oliver is 13. Doctor told me not to replace them when they go, as my allergy is bad.(I stroke all the cats i see...i love em). Then i was told im allergic to dogs.....well i had one Daisy who died a week ago.Doc said do not replace her.....noone could ever replace my Daisy Pollen...dust..housemite and a little dodgy on birds. (She says after being chased by a peacock lol ). Yes im on the Singulair n a few others. I am so glad she has found something she enjoys doing.I bet she is popular now with friends Yes that will so ease the stress. I hope she continues to keep well and you too xx

Thanks

She has been on Ventolin. Sorry to hear about Daisy. Lisa lost her dog Dixie last March to a brain tumor. She was one of a kind. The only dog I would trust to take food from my lips. Beleive it or not she was a 110lb Rotti. Dixie was Lisa companion since I worked all the time.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Thanks. Wow thats one big dog Yes, to be honest found the last week kind of hard. Everyone here have helped me through it. Felt allot of sorrow for her today....i could see her everywhere and well just miss her terribly. Yes they become such good companions and im sorry for the loss of Lisa's dog....its so sad. Even when you know they go before you do usually.....it still never prepares you for the emptiness. Like all the good people here said...the more i think of her....i keep her alive.Its a good thought.....just not at that point yet, so ive got to accept it.....then the healing will start. Did Lisa get another dog?

Thanks

No she didn't get another dog. That special one can never be replaced.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David