Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disability benefits and VA

Thanks

David...

I smile with gladness you have wonderful support, your son...to have such a special relationship, to be friends.

Is it an emollient cream, not a lotion that you use twice during the day while using the topicals steroid. Aheavier cream keeps the moisture in as the steroid creams are so drying. Will help in the healing if it trying to heal...

What did they say your rash was? Contact dermatitis?

I was in USN..Air Traffic Controller...years back.

Enjoy the night...
    Be well..
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi Oluwa,
    She never did say. The heavy cream I use on my body and the other on my hands. This is all she told me to do with them. Nothing about using a combination between the two. It is so hard to get answers because they are so pushed for time. Its also hard to ask question when you don't know what to ask. I'm a dummy on this. When I see her again Lisa is going with me. She can ask the question that I always seem to forget to ask. We are writing them down.

My friend here that I sail with is a retired ATC. I spent 7 years in helicopters. Small world.

Have a great evening.
    David

Thanks

Hi David....

I am glad Lisa is going with you...it is always a good idea to bring someone with you...and a check off each on your list of questions and all your symptoms as you speak of them....

If they request blood work , ask what they are for, when the results will be in...

Bring past results in ....

Are you on Plaquenil or any drugs for your Lupus symptoms?

I had a rash for several months. I was prescribed the same topical as you, then they prescribed stronger and stronger than the super potent steroid because it wasn't resolving.

Thinking it was just more rashes, evolving...because of course the dermO should now what he is doing, right. He looks at skin all day. Treats skin all day...

What was happening with the rash, was I was also getting a chemical burn from the topical steroids. It was chapped and raw like....and wasn't healing the real rash. Just created another...

I stopped the topical steroid late December and my skin is almost healed. Twp plus months to repair the damage what the cream had done, and it wasn't treating the rash. My skin feel like a sheet of paper, not supple.

It wouldn't be so awful if it was just a spot, or a small area...but my whole chest, back...legs...neck, stomach. It doesn't feel like I am touching my skin it has a dead sensation to it. Unreal like Barbie doll skin...

Rash...I diagnosed myself with dermatitis herpetiformis...a reaction to gluten. Looked like it, acted like...resolved like it when I stopped eating gluten. The rash was from neck to ankle...deep hole sores.

But anyway...sometimes the damage from the steroid cream can be mistaken for a type of rash....

I put the steroid cream on in the morning and at dinner time. I used the emollient at lunch time and just before going to bed...

Be well...night.
    Love,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Good morning Oluwa,

She said something about ANA work and something else I didn't understand, over the phone, for my blood work. She also did two biopies one on my back and one on my neck. I'm not on any meds at this time. Waiting on a rehmy appointment.

They never give you the results. You are lucky if they even tell you the results. I did find out that my white cell count is low. My BP is 102/58 which doesn't seem to cause them to worry. It does worry me. I have lost 7lbs since Christmas. No change in my diet. I stand 6' and average 160 now down to 140.

It is hard to point out the different pain areas. I have always thought the pains comes from the type of life I've lived. I live my working life as a cowboy. I rode everyday working cattle. My summers were spent riding out of a cow camp up in the mountains in Montana. Tough life but a wonderful one. I'm the guy in the green shirt.

Gotta go for now. Jake is tell me he wants out. He's my old cowdog. He's 15 now and like me retired.

Have a great day,
    David
    Last edited by Grime; 03-05-2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Major typo sorry.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh how cool is that...wow.Oh n i think you meant green shirt lol Made me chuckle

Thanks

Angel,
    Here's one just for you. When you can't sleep put this picture in your mind and turn on your water sounds. Relax and dream.

Angel I've been covered in that to. Major typo on my part. It has been corrected.
    Last edited by Grime; 03-05-2009 at 07:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Wow.Oh if i had the energy a bit of white water rafting there Oh if only i lived near there.......so relaxing....thanks

xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi David,

Made me laugh Where is that lovely place?

Angel.x

Thanks

I couldn't find the one I use to get my drinking water out of. This one is from up in Glacier National Park.

Lisa loves the sound of running water. If she could have it we would have a house with a creek running through the living room.

Rest good tonight,
    David

Thanks

Hi David..Happy afternoon...

Lovely pictures...causes me to yearn for the Pacific Northwest. Reminds me of the Skykomish River...near the Cascades.

I've had several skin biopsy punch-outs...allergy panel tests. They didn't yield a diagnose. They just told me what it wasn't. My rash stumped them.

Have you've been tested for Celiac's Disease..weight loss, rashes.....pain fatigue are symptoms too...

Here are some sites...maybe you might find your rash there. Warning some photographs are graphic due to the type of skin condition ...rash and not nudity...
    http://www.dermnet.com/menuCasePhotos.html
    http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/gallery2.html
    http://www.dermnet.com/

It's Thursday..enjoy the day...
    Love,
    Oluwa