Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off topic but sharing! I'm soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Heidi

Heidi,

Just a thought and im not sure if im 100% right here....but contact Jobcentre Plus.They may be able to contact a place called Shawtrust. Just mention it to them about you sitting exams and your illness and that you need advice and help so you can eventually get into some type of work. I am sure they'll point you in the right direction. If you need a number let me know and i'll get if for you. You can still get benefits and when you are ready for working no matter how long it takes, they will pay you 40 a week for a year as well.So thats benefits + work +40 a week as long as you work somewhere, i think even a few hours. Give em a call, cause im sure they could help with you doing exams and stuff. If im wrong, i apologise now.....but you never know i could be right.

love
    Angel.xx

Thanks

Smile Way to Go Amy!!

Congratulations on your 'A'....each one of your A's. That is cause to celebrate and cheer from the rooftops for sure. You deserve to toot your own horn long and hard for all your hard work paying off. And be sure to throw in an extra loud toot right in the face of Lupus.

Well Done!!

Hugs,

Lori

Thanks

Congratulations!!!! It's hard enought to work full-time and go to school...let alone take care of a family and have this crazy illness. It's worth tooting your own horn over.

Mary Jane
    46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Mountaindeamer
    thank you for advice they are quite understanding so far they have given me longer on exams but that can make them to long to consintrate get very tired quickly and i get to be in room on my own so that i can move about and stretch which as worked up untill last exam but have now got some index cards to help me remember things and was just wondering if amy or any one else had any tips?? but thank you might see if there is any other way college can help me! have to add well done again to amy xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks angel oliver will look in to that any help is good will lete you know how it goes xx

Thanks

Default congrats cherokee 993

Wow nice...Hey it cheered me up....good news is good news and good luck with this nursing course
    leaf

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerlishus - Heidi View Post
    thanks angel oliver will look in to that any help is good will lete you know how it goes xx

Good luck! I can say I don't know how I would do with memorization. Thankfully this course that i'm taking doesn't involve major tests, its mostly papers and that kind of thing so its a bit easier since I do it from home and don't have to sit in a room with others and try to focus. Back in nursing school having this disease would have been very hard b/c of all the memorization but thankfully I did not get this until afterwards.

I would say index cards are helpful. Finding your method of learning is helpful too. I need to write things down to help get them in my head so I often write notes even when I have things in front of me like print outs. I just like to reinforce the information in my head!

Good luck!
    Amy
    Mommy to a cute little three year old.
    I am a Juvenile Diabetic diagnosed at age 12, Positive ANA, arthritic joint pain, extreme fatigue, cannot take prednisone and am allergic to Plaquenil. Undifferentiated connective tissue disorder, Graves disease and fibromyalgia

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks cherokee993
    yer itry to write things down as much as possible xx good luck in all you've got coming up xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Cherokee:

Good for you! According to my daughter who graduated from graduate school a few years ago, grades are really important in graduate school. She had to have at least a B average just to remain in grad school! Of course, I don't know if that is the case where you go the school, but she always had that "B" average thing hanging over her. Again, congratulations.

Thanks

Congratulations amy!!!!!!!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)