Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lupuzor

Thanks

Default Lupuzor

Sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone have any new info on this drug?
    Searching for hope i guess.

Thanks

I have not heard anything about this med., but I'm relatively new to SLE (new to a diagnosis anyway). Hopefully, one of our more experienced members will be able to answer your question.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

It's new to me too. Let me see if I can dig up some info on it. Our Admin/Mod Saysusie may have some experience with it. She's really good about providing technical info. I'll ask her as well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sorry siletscream, i have never heard of this drug. how is your daughter this evening?

phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi Silentscream...

I hadn't heard of it either....but I went and googled it. Very interesting informtion. Sounds promising. I didn't have a lot of time to read everything today, so will continue looking and reading in the next few days.

I'm curious....How did you hear about it?

Lori

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rastagirl View Post
    Hi Silentscream...

I hadn't heard of it either....but I went and googled it. Very interesting informtion. Sounds promising. I didn't have a lot of time to read everything today, so will continue looking and reading in the next few days.

I'm curious....How did you hear about it?

Lori
    How did I hear about it,lol By spending way too many hours on line searching for that one website, that one page that will flash, Lupus, no problem! Here is the easy answer...
    Still searching

I am wondering how long after the stage 111 trials does the FDA approve a new drug. This is the only hope I have come across.

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

hey me and iseedeadmonkeys had a convo about this the other day...
    I then started looking into it at first very hopeful.....

when u look into the company u see that they have had enormous losses until they released the info about lupuzor... then some money started coming in...
    so as much as I hate to say this I am thinking that it has had a huge commercial benefit to release the info about the drug....

The % are vague like: "a substantial amount of patients reacted very positive to Lupuzor treatment." what is considered substantial? 1 or 2 or 1000 to vague for my liking...
    They only tested on 125(147) people by the way....
    and again a substantial amount of these 147 people where showing a noticeable improvement after 12 weeks 50% went on for another 12 weeks of taking the drug..

It says:
    Lupuzor is ImmuPharma's lead drug compound for the POTENTIAL TREATMENT of Lupus..

and:
    There is currently no cure and existing medications only treat the symptoms whereas ImmuPharma's drug candidate has the POTENTIAL to produce remission of the disease in a substantial proportion of patients.

Potential here and potential there no hard facts anywhere...
    even after announcing the lupuzor drug they made losses of 6.2m (30m the year before)

The chairman of the company said in an interview:
    "These study results are ENCOURAGING and bring us one step closer to providing the first specific medication for the treatment of lupus to patients living with this chronic, potentially life-threatening disease," said Frank Baldino, Jr., Ph.D., chairman and CEO of Cephalon. "Lupuzor recently received a notice of allowance for its novel composition of matter patent, which will support our development of the product. IF OUR EFFORTS ARE SUCCESSFUL this product and our recent deal with Ception Therapeutics will allow us to build a business unit focused on inflammatory diseases."

anyway not want to sound to pessimistic but I am not sure about this one.... I mean if our efforts are successful? ok then that says it all......
    I wonder why they play with peoples emotions like that it shud not be allowed..
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Thanks

oh yeh and they just released that they have a cancer wonder drug in the pipeline too..

yeah right......

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Thank you Toby,

You just saved me the effort of telling what I've read so far about this drug. I basically came up with the same info you did. Sounds like more unsubstantiated claims, backed up by what is frankly, a bunch of B.S. in my opinion. One really has to wonder about the true motives and reasons behind producers of these products, and their claims. Are these products a result of proper research that just didn't pan out, or is it just more snake oil peddlers looking to make a dishonest and shameful dollar off of those desperate for a cure, or something we hope could be a cure. Unfortunately, I suspect the latter.

Thanks

Yeh Rob I did a fair bit of research about this after isdm was all happy when she first read about it..

glad u found the same results and drew the same conclusions as me....

I think that it is a shame that people like that exploit markets like that because they seriously mess with peoples feelings