Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dressing with Lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ayah,

thanks for the site...love the skirts and will order. Also, Oluwa, love the skirts at this site too... thanks ladies, i needed a source.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sick n tired View Post
    I slap myself when I start to think old lady housecoats are looking doable.

LOL I understand that sentiment, but sometimes having something that comfortable would be nice. Lately I have been living in an old pair of sweats and a sweat shirt or a nightshirt and soft comfy robe.(the latter is for the days that I can't even get out of bed) I have not found a sarong that looks good on me. The prednisone has changed my figure...
    LOL it is not easy to get our sexy on is it! It is noon here and I am wearing a cotton nightshirt with black capri bottoms underneath.

Thanks

Alyahclan...

Brand name SOFFT makes a wonder comfortable heel....check 'em out at Zappos...

I don't know if they are all alike..but the two pair I order are really soft and cushy inside...saves the ball of the foot where my joint hurt...and heel...

L.,
    O.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Preparing for summer

With a renewed self respect I once again visited the men's section at Wallyworld. I bought 3 soft chambray shirts. I like them a lot. They are big and roomy enough to wear over my tank and over my messenger bag purse I wear draped across my body. I keep forgetting to look for the SPF wash in stuff.

On Amazon.com there are the cool vests, the ones you soak in water before wearing. I compared prices and found them to be the cheapest so I ordered 2, one is a vest with a mandarin collar, one is a complete jacket with mandarin collar. The jacket one has removable sleeves that also hold water, there is a mesh underneath the sleeves for air circulation. I think they are going to make this summer the best in a long time!

I need to get them to make cool chaps too so I can ride the motorcycle again..hehe I'd be carrying an extra 20 pounds of water.

Now I just need to find some pretty tanks. Do you think 50ish is too old to wear tanks with designs on them?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I say no.....get out there and wear them with pride . As long as YOU feel comfy that is what matters so i say no it doesnt matter about age and yes wear them xxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Angel. I have always been a non conformist, why should I start worrying now? lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mountain Dreamer: I bought the red skirt that has hand painted ostrich feathers and sequins. The other one is a brown and black more conservative skirt. It did have a dye issue. The black will come off on your underclothes until it has been washed a few times. I love the wrap skirt too but be warned when they say the wrap skirt is so many inches, that means it will not overlap which you need at least a 6 inch overlap. So if you have a 32 inch waist, you need at least a 38 inch wrap.

Is anyone else as clothes moody as I am? I go through so many cycles. I have a cowboy stage where I wear Rocky jeans, cowboy boots and my cowboy hat, to nature woman hippy gypsy, to desert hiking boots kacki woman.....

Thanks

Wow that sounds so comfortable Ayah...I think I might like to try the soft shirts from the mens section...I have always been a non conformist, too. I was quite the opposite when I was a teen from the stereotypical one. If everyone else was wearing it, that was the main reason for me not to wear it. lol My youngest daughter is just like me and I soooo understand her. The best thing is to want to be an individual and not a copy... taking a trip on a motorcycle with hubby would be so great, so free.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ladies,

i love the big men's shirts.....they just wrap around and are soooo comfy. I also get the really soft ones, because the stiff cotton irritates my skin. Thanks for the info on the wrap around skirts ayah.....i was wondering about that....i haven't measured in a while, but i imagine that i have not seen a 32 inch waist in some time....maybe not as bad as i think....but probably so. I have found some great skirts with elastic waists at several bargain stores (glad the hippie look is back). I am wearing these skirts in place of blue jeans....and so much more comfortable.

I really appreciate all of the great info that i get here.

Ayah, the vest that my son uses is one that you put the frozen pouch into....he has hyperhydrosis (extreme body heat) and says this is what gets him through the summer. Hope the water one works....let me know and I will pass on on to him.

phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Ladies!

Mountain Dreamer I tried the Kewlvest for the first time yesterday. I LOVED it but since I have not used the ice pack type I couldn't compare. A few people who rated the vests on Amazon said they had either ms or lupus and liked the Kewlvest, others said it did not keep them as cool as the ice pack type. For my needs it did pretty good. I was out several hours and did not start getting overheated until the very end of the day out. It has a funky triangle logo on it that looks like Star Trek emblem but I can live with it.

MD do you have any heat intolerance? Does your son have positive ANA or other immune issues? I am going to shop for an ice pack vest too because it gets well over 100 out here and I think ice style will work better to lower the core body temp than the water type.
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah